Sprouter - for entrepreneurs, a social network of their own

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Kay, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I like the look of Sprouter. I read about it here.

While it's hard to avoid comparisons to Twitter because of the styling, Sprouter appears to be far more useful for entrepreneurs and small businesses than Twitter would ever be. You wouldn't have to sift through a sea of mundane Tweets about lunch to find anything of value. The focus is upon startups and helping entrepreneurs. You can ask questions of the experts, find resources and build connections at Sprouter. I think it's very promising. Chances are you'll get a speedy response from someone that knows what they're talking about.

There's been plenty of press coverage too by major hitters: http://sprouter.com/press

See what you think and let us know please. :)

2. Daedorax

Daedorax
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I like the way this site looks. It's got a great template design, and a very good idea, but I dont know how you could compare twitter to this. Twitter is a social network and this is a startup site lol, but thaxs for telling about this site :D

3. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I specifically said that it was the styling that was reminiscent of Twitter. Did you look at the press page link at all? Nearly every one of them mentions it looking like Twitter, including the New York Times.
    It's a networking site, same as Twitter is, only aimed at entrepreneurs. Let's look at the very first line in their About Us page just to be sure?

It also uses the 140 characters or less, same as Twitter.

How can I compare it to Twitter? Easily. I just did. In three different ways. :D

#3 Kay, Aug 20, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  4. Daedorax

Daedorax
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hahaha okay I wasn't being like that lol I was just saying so my bad if I had you made but it is a very cool site.

5. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yep, it is cool. And sorry if that came across wrong. :) You asked how I could compare it and I showed you how. I wasn't mad. Personally I wouldn't shed a tear if Twitter closed its doors tomorrow. I hope Sprouter leaves Twitter in its dust.

6. jacobbon

jacobbon
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I really liked the interface of the site. Also it has lots of features & I just signed up there .

7. Daedorax

Daedorax
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hahaha so true and its true with me 2 lol. I don't understand the huge buzz over it all. I think its a great marketing site, but thats it...... Sprouter FTW!!!!

I agree I hate Twiiter. Sprouter FTW!!!!!

8. alel

alel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I used my twitter as purely SEO marketing purpose, not for human to read. Who will read tons of your twitter post and analyzed which one will benefits them? Only search engine will look at each one and every of this tweets. As long as I think that this function is benefiting, I'll use it.

I'm looking into Sprouter and see how much it will help.. If it's good, then why not try. It won't harm me to do it. ANyway, nice suggestion :)

9. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It looks like an interesting site. It does no harm to sign up and take a look around.

10. Daedorax

Daedorax
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hahaha very true statement.