Sponsorship

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by mikiniki, Aug 10, 2010.

1. mikiniki

mikiniki
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,

I am the owner of a business which has been organising events in clubs (balls, themed parties, private parties etc.) for 2 years. Everything went ok since competition came up with a very important key factor : special guests. A special guest requires around 1000-1500 euros for a show, an amount of money I cannot provide for one event and will bring me no profit.

The target market are highschool students and university students, so I thought about making a proposal to the companies that provide mobile telephone services such as Orange, Vodafone or Cosmote. I can promote them offering space on the tickets, the posters, banners, flyers, radio, interactive contests and other means of marketing depending on their own policy. In resturn, I obtain the money such an event requires to be able to afford a special guest.

I do not know what should such a proposal consist of and what to do in order to be successful in this initiative.

I would really apreciate any piece of advice or comment.

Thanks a lot,
    Mihai

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum Mihai, thanks for joining and posting your business questions.

Getting sponsorship sounds like a great idea for generating additional revenue from your events. I would suggest that a well written letter would be adequate. Include details of the event in the letter, and most importantly outline the benefits the sponsor will receive, in return for their sponsorship.

Do you produce any flyers or other literature for the events, that you could include with the letter?

You could also consider contacting some marketing and advertising agencies about your events and asking them if any of their clients would be interested in sponsoring one. Those agencies will be on the look out for new and innovative ways to promote their client campaigns.

3. mikiniki

mikiniki
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks a lot for your advices, i really appreciate them.

The idea of contracting marketing agencies is grate, i will try it. Thanks!

About the sponsors I want to get. I`ve lost my flyers and posters from my last event, what do you think: should I pay to remake them as a model for the sponsors with their logos ?

I intend to make a presentation with the following chapters:
    1) My Story (a short story about me and my company)
    2) What we do
    3) The benefits for sponsor
    4) The target market
    5) Our team
    6) The money I need and what for

What do you think ? Should I add or remove something ?

Thanks a lot

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I would probably condense that a little and use something like the following format.

1. The benefits for sponsor
    2. What we do
    3. Company and team background [instead of My Story (a short story about me and my company) and Our team]. The aim of this section is to convince the prospect that you have the sills and experience to deliver the job you say you will.
    4. Call to action - ask the prospect to contact you for further information and to find out what you could do for them. Including a free offer in this call to action, would also be great.

I'm sure that you can find some, somewhere without having to go to the expense of a reprint. Perhaps your printer, previous clients or event locations will have some that they can give you.

Good luck with it. Please post back with your thoughts and any further questions.

5. Shole

Shole
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As fergal said you have to concentrate to tell them first what you can do for them or you might lose the sponsor.

6. Mountain Man

Mountain Man
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just like any time you are looking for a job, "It's not about you". When I was a teenager I would go to a job interview saying "I would really like this Job". Later I learned that it is all about the other person, What can you do for them. A little company profile is fine but focus on the benefit to them.