Spending family time?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by jacobflores, May 22, 2014.

1. jacobflores

jacobflores
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How do you find the way to spend family time with people you have nothing in common with? I mean it's not that I don't love them, but if I had the choice between watching bad tv shows smashed on the couch and being on the computer I'd do later. I tend to be introverted and we don't get along very well anyway. Also is going out 2-3 times a week too much for a 17 yr old (only in the summer mind you)?

2. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's all about communication. If you communicate less, the less chances of family members minding other members.

3. 2parry

2parry
    uix_expand uix_collapse

its finest time i ever spent with my family .. you must have some co-ordination with them and you will feel happy as well..

4. hunteryz

hunteryz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Recently plan to enjoy the beach near Long island in NY, work at home now, but still looking for how to make money

5. bmwillsmith

bmwillsmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Few days I was started same topic about the importance of time to spend with family members.
    and its useful discussion to our forum members.

6. boysingh

boysingh
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I do agree with this, so you really need to give some time to join them and talk to them.

7. Webcs-Peter

Webcs-Peter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The more you talk, the better.
    One has to know what the other think.

8. saahil2310

saahil2310
    uix_expand uix_collapse

On weekend I spend full time with my family. For my career I can't avoid them because they are part of my life. Everyone should give time for happy family.

9. ConanLake

ConanLake
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sat to Sun It's my family day spending my time with the family.

10. Zwillson

Zwillson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I can't spend much time with my family because I'm so far with them, but If I have a free day I go with them.

11. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Same thing here. Since I got into college me and my brothers and parents just bond together whenever there are family occasions and thats just it. I think this is because they all do have their own family.

12. s_shakib

s_shakib
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is enjoyable to me spending time with my family. When I am with my niece I rejoice with her. Really very happy to spend time with my family.

13. Michael Leng

Michael Leng
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I try to spend my time with family and for my job too. It's a bit hard to balance my time due to we stay in different place.

On my day off, Sat & Sun, we usually find time to meet and do some activities each other.

14. davidblack

davidblack
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Take them to some fun place specially park or play ground . Spend a whole day with them a week. It will give them confidence to share things with you and they will love you. Family is most important relationship in the world.

15. alexfernandes

alexfernandes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

According to me, spending time with family is very important. I usually dedicate my weekdays with my parents. The best part is to have breakfast, lunch and dinner with my parents. We should not forget that because of our parents we are able to see this beautiful world. We should always be thankful to our parents.

16. JPMaroney

JPMaroney
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am with my Family every day, but cause of work I just have time for them before we go to bed. Sunday is our family day and we all have a good bonding always.

17. Clarence.Burn

Clarence.Burn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I spend more time with my family when I don't have a work. I cook for them, care to them, and express my to them.

18. Aleena

Aleena
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi
    The best way to win hearts is to spend quality time together this not only improves relationships but also helps in developing a healthy life style. I have to agree with the fact that today we all spent more time in watching tv, using electronic devices like smartphones, playing games we are just nothing but have become slaves to machines.
    If we spend more time with loved ones and those who care we will feel much better :)

19. shivshakti

shivshakti
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Spending time with family is an important experience but that doesnt mean it will always be a pleasant one. it help us remember our roots and feel loved. I think if you have very different interests then you can try knowing more about them. everyone like talking about what they like, so i am sure they will open up to you. also you can work on finding something that both of you like doing and you will no longer see family time as a burden

20. Tonylest75

Tonylest75
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's depend on yourself, because it is worth more to discuss daily routine family problems, and new ways of better living with family members than watching tv or reading book in spare time at home. If you think there much communication gap then need to remove that gap by discussing with them about their works, jobs, office and try to bring something at home that is beneficial for all, taking reviews of everyone.