Spend Money to Make Money

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by angdeer, Jun 15, 2010.

1. angdeer

angdeer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would have to say got to spend money to make money. Take this for example, I own a natural pet products store and went to a trade show to learn more about others in the industry and get my name out as well. We took with us natural tote bags imprinted with our logo http://www.crestline.com/product/promotional bags totes products/imprinted totes cotton/bazaar natural tote.do (in case you want to give it a try) and samples of our products inside. Started giving them out to people at the show and before you knew all 300 were gone. We put some money into that idea hoping it would pay off by people trying the product loving it and then buying. Also even if they weren't interested in the product I have to sell I still have 300 bags out and about town advertising my product name daily.
    Go to Top of Page

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

How did that promotion work out for you angdeer, did it increase sales?

3. Lingua21

Lingua21
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Spending money to make money can obviously work if you spend the money wisely. As far as advertising is concerned, sometimes it can be a good idea to cut your marketing budget right down to the bone as it can lead to the generation of more innovative promotional ideas.

This is a philosophy I read about in an article a few years back by a leading marketeer and it is surprising, if you search around hard enough, just how many marketing channels there are out there available for free.