[SOS]Which B2B web do you prefer for oversea business( title must long)

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Michael.golb, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Michael.golb

Michael.golb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi guys
    I'm in paper industry ,thermal, carbonless for ATM and cash register paper
    I'd like to know which B2B website can I put my business on ,tell me about ur choice .
    comment and region are welcomed
    Thanks!

2. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Michael and welcome to Business Advice Forum. Can you please clarify what you want to do? Are you intending to run advertising on them for example. I'm not sure what you mean by put my business on nor what title must long refers to.

3. Michael.golb

Michael.golb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Oh, I'm sorry , I just wondering where can I find the potential buyer . "Title must long" was a joke ,makes my thread stands out ..lol

4. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ah, okay. :) Do you do all your business in China or beyond, and if so where? I see that's where you're located.

Overseas shipping and customs fees can be high. Have you exhausted all the local options?

5. Michael.golb

Michael.golb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Actually ,We do have a good market here , approximately 60% of our sales volumn . I'd like to expand the oversea market , We have client in Greece , South Africa . US and Japan.It seems we sell to worldwide since a lot trade company would come to us.
    We are currently using "alibaba.com" and "trade key" but I don't see the efficiency(All chinese manufacturers are using alibaba) I just wondering where else the buyer or distuributer will go.
    Just like the title , you gotta be different to stand out

6. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Michael.golb, Alibaba was the first one that came to mind when I read your question. Alibaba is a very well known site in the West and a place that many businesses will turn to, when they want to purchase something from China. Hence, listing your business and / or website there would be an important step.

Does your business have its own website? Having your own professional website would be important for you as it will give your potential customers confidence that you are a reliable, trustworthy and professional business.

Do you know what keywords your customers use when searching for the types of products you sell? It will be important to do some search engine optimization work for your site, so that it ranks well in the search engines and your customers can find you through them. It will be particularly important that you site ranks highly in Google.

Please feel free to post back with a little more info and perhaps a link to your website. We will be able to help you more, once we have a little more info.

7. Michael.golb

Michael.golb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thank you for your suggestions ,
    As I mention above we do have alibaba and are a golden supplier of it . The problem is there are 20-30 golden suppliers in our industry .....

We do have our own website : www.szxdpospaper.com and it ranks well on google when you search key words like :pospaper .So it's not a major problem

Now our business goes like this : end customer — trade company aboard —chinese trade companies or us. Everybody put a profit for themselves make the price less competitive . It will be wonderful if we can establish a trust relationship with the end customer.