Sometimes You Have to Make Sacrifices

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by Christi Brown, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Christi Brown

Christi Brown
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Sometimes in life we are faces with tough decisions that require us to make a sacrifice. It could be a sacrifice of your time, your talent, or your finances. When a particular life event occurs, it may require more of our time in order to resolve whatever the situation may be. For many people, they may be faced with raising children while caring for an elderly parent. This is definitely a difficult place to be in for any person because it requires a huge time commitment, financial resources, and giving up some of the activities that the caregiver loves to do.

Just like there are sacrifices made in our personal lives, there are sacrifices that are made in our professional lives. When a project has a set deadline and there is still some work to be done to complete the project, this may require staff members to sacrifice their time by either taking a shorter lunch or by working some overtime in order to get the project done. This is why it is good to take advantage of every moment that you have to in life to maximize your time so that you can make room to continue to enjoy those things in life that you so love to do.

One way that a person who is a caregiver can potentially not have to sacrifice as much of their time is to ask another family member or friend to help with the responsibilities or to even seek the services of a professional caregiver. This way, the individual could still have time to do the things that they enjoy while still taking good care of their family member.

Balancing your professional life and your personal life can be a daunting task at times. Keep being persistent and consistent even when it seems like things are not going as planned. It may require you to make some sacrifices. This is all a part of life.

2. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I guess it's not sometimes but more often we have to make some sacrifices. From my point of view, life is like gardening that what you plant now can be harvested tomorrow. But there's no guarantee of the harvest because it would depend on how you nurture the seedling, the sapling as it grows to be a tree or a plant. And don't forget that luck plays a big role in life that's why you have to believe in yourself that you can make your dreams come true if you work for it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25
    uix_expand uix_collapse

On my end, I have sacrificed the area of my finances after I have decided to become a freelance writer. There are a lot of companies who would want me to be part of them, but I didn't take any of their offers since I feel like the corporate world isn't really for me. And being a freelance writer is making me really fulfilled and happy so I think I am going to stick to it for now.

4. kaian

kaian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not all sacrifices are worth taking the risk for. As noble as it may sound but a sacrifice is not always as good as intended. I am not saying not to do it but always weigh your options whether it will bring benefit for the common good or does it benefit a few.

5. bjdea2

bjdea2
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends who and what you are sacrifising for.

6. kitchie

kitchie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I like the feeling that I'm doing something for other people esp. to my family.

7. anopportuneaura

anopportuneaura
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yes may be sometime...day by day life become tough ..without doing sacrifice nothing is possible for middle class person