Somehow Gorilla Marketting

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by bojomojo, Jul 17, 2008.

1. bojomojo

bojomojo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have an Idea, somehow looks like the Gorilla Marketing.

If you study marketting, you will notice one thing that is a very big obestacle is:
    People think:
    Companies lie
    Its not like it seems
    The quality is not really good

and stuff like that.. this is not all, but its a big issue.

Here is my idea of a solution:

Secret Marketing Agency

Lets say you are having your coffee in a cafe, and you find some one using an new Tablet PC that sticks on the wall for example and is very solid and secure.

or playing a new kick ass video game.

If you are not of the shy people, you might go look around or talk to that user, he might most probably will talk to you about that thing, might even let you try it.

YES, this person should actually be a salesman :)
    You never thought he is a salesman, so you trusted him, then by the time you know he is a salesman, you already tried the product and liked it.

Lets say you go online on a chatting room, and find some dudes pragging about a new Movie they saw, you might think "what the... i must see that"

Those guys who were talking about the movie are also marketting agents.

Of course this Idea is not for all products, but it think it will really work as a method to bypass some of the most important obstacles that face normal marketting.

2. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome to the Business Advice Forum bojomojo. Good luck on this entry to today's competition.

By the way, I'm still not clear on the "Somehow Gorilla Marketing". Is this something like "Monkey see, monkey do"? If it is then, what better way to market a product than going out there to where the customers are and demonstrating your products in front of live customers in the hope that if they like what they see or hear, they'll buy the product from you outright.

3. bojomojo

bojomojo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks alor for your welcoming.

Actually, just going public and demonstrating doesnt face all the issues I meant, some people just have issues trusting any ads.

But if they try it while not knowing, they will form an openion without any previous idea distortion.

that is what its all about.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum, bojomojo.

I've seen some companies advertise sales positions where part of the role is to participate in relevant industry forums. The company wants their employees to make subtle non-spam references to their products. This ties in very well with your ideas.

It is an excellent strategy for some products, provided that it is implemented correctly. It would be important that the employees are not too brazen in their sales approach.

If companies are confident in their product they would not need to employee people to do this. If they can pinpoint people who are opinion leaders within their groups, the company could give these people their product for free. These opinion leaders will then try the product and tell their friends about it and act as the companies sales person. This would be a great return for the company as it has only cost them one product sample.

5. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think that you were referring to Guerrilla Marketing instead of Gorilla Marketing bojomojo. That's why I was confused at first. Sorry about that. :)

Most, if not all of the innovative ads in another thread can also be considered as guerrilla marketing, whose first aim is to grab the attention of people at the first instance. With this kind of advertising, word about the product or service will spread quickly by word of mouth, emails or in the forums and blogs.

6. bojomojo

bojomojo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks for the welcome :)
    Exactly, that case the issues i mentioned is faced.
    Still the idea for forumizing them is the weakest idea in that field for some products.

The get involved idea is alot more convincing.

7. ritajones56

ritajones56
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's why it is often considered the most powerful form of advertising, but it creates word-of-mouth advertising and when people are talking about your business, in a positive way, big success and profits are not far behind.

8. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Once we're able to catch the customer's attention and create word-of-mouth advertising, we must also remember to deliver as promised, whether it's the product or the service. If we cannot deliver as promised in the ads, all would have gone to waste and will be replaced with bad publicity instead. Only when we're able to deliver will the profits come pouring in.