Somebody - A Professional Please Help My 10 Sites Get Traffic

Discussion in 'Making Money Online' started by tunescool, Feb 1, 2015.

1. tunescool

tunescool
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have 10 sites, loaded with expensive amazon stuff and affiliates.

I cant do it myself, like everyone else. I've been going for over a year with no affiliate sales, and my seo services site has made about $1000 in a year.

I get tens of thousands of visitors and I have the same affiliates everyone has, the same amazon products

I've done adwords, bing, some other ones, nothing came of it. I have quality stuff with documentation on my site

I don't need to hear

blog posting
    article submission
    forum posting or signatures
    social media - I do more social media in one day than most people do in a month
    it takes time

Someone who knows what they are doing and how to get consistent traffic that grows.

I can't pay you, there are nice people who want to help others, they are here everyday and all over the internet

I am in debt and not in a good situation, as far as I cant have a pack of cigs or even food for 3 days

I have sites, they are alright, I'm ready to go. I'm just not getting anywhere and I'm not just anybody with some sites but have a home, a family, or an income already

I'm old, 41, and need security in my life

Please PM me. This thread will just become worthless as people start to advise blog posting and unique content.

Sorry joeroxx, as much as you might hate this thread and my grammar, which is how I express myself, and my God-given right anywhere, even though I'm not religious. I'm not gonna change the way I do things because you think people cant understand something that isn't capitalized. They do, quite fine. Or, its not proper grammar, let the grammar police come get me. It happens continuously all day on the internet. Is lol correct grammar, should it be capitalized? No, people talk like I do on the internet everyday, it's a form of of expression, who you are. It's a waste of your time, nothings better for this forum, business or whatever, or whatever you've accomplished, its just a thread that will die soon like every other thread. Get over yourself

#1 tunescool, Feb 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2015
  2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I understand that you have dug a hole for yourself that you cannot get out of on your own, and you need help from someone who knows how to help you solve your problem. You may also be frustrated- you told me to "Get over yourself". I'm not sure which would be more appropriate - "Physician, heal thyself", or "Practice what you preach". When you get advice from those who have the expertise to give it, there are two things you need to do. First, listen to what they tell you. And, second, do what they tell you to do. Based on what I've read above, you can no longer afford to listen only to what you want to hear. You can no longer afford to take their advice and say, "I don't want to do that". If and when you receive bad advice, there are people here who can tell you not to follow it. As a moderator, I can remove any BS I encounter - in fact, I have already done so.
    First, let's deal with what you referred to as "seo services". In another thread, you were told that your "services" will not help your clients. Instead you will do more to harm their marketing efforts than help. Bulk backlinks, fake Twitter followers and Facebook likes, and similar "services" are worthless, and more and more people are realizing this. Your "seo" services site is dying - let it die.
    Now we'll address the other sites. If you get thousands of visitors, and no one buys, something is wrong with the site itself. Is it too similar to what they see elsewhere? Is the content not compelling enough? Can they get the same thing cheaper elsewhere? We would have to take a look at the actual sites themselves to find out. You've done some sponsored ads, but nothing came of it. I do know that Google has a "Quality Score" to make sure the ads they show are as relevant as possible to the keyword being searched, the others may have something similar. As far as social media, doing "more in one day than most people do in a month" may be too much. You also need to look at what you are doing. People do not want to follow, or be followed by, someone who tries to sell them something several times a day. Remember what I said about listening to what people tell you? One of the things you said you don't want to hear is "it takes time". Although some may use this as an excuse not to deliver results, the truth is it does take time. Especially using social media, people need to become familiar with you and the products you sell. Over time, if you become known as an authority in your niche, more people will want to buy from you. Unfortunately, if you become known for other, unfavorable things, less people will buy, and it will take even longer to overcome a bad reputation.
    Finally, I'd like to address your last paragraph. I do not hate this thread, or the person who started it. You're right, different people have different ways of expressing themselves. Some are from a different region of the country, some may come from a different generation, some use different words others are not familiar with, even in the same language. However, various situations and places have standards of behavior that are expected to be followed. People will judge you by the way you behave, including the way you express yourself. In a venue such as this one, the only way to communicate is the written, or typed, word. If your words, and the way they are expressed, make you seem like an uneducated child, that will affect the way people treat you, sometimes including whether they wish to do business with you. I am reasonably sure you do not wish to be treated like an uneducated, immature child. My attempts to correct your grammar are merely efforts to make you sound more like the mature, responsible adult that I'm sure you wish to be.
    I am going to leave this thread open, in case others may wish to respond. It may help others who find themselves in a similar situation. I will also keep an eye on it to make sure I get rid of as much of the "B.S." as I can.

#2 Joseph.Shivell, Feb 2, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  3. IrekJanek

IrekJanek
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, Corey. I realize that you didn't start this thread to get feedback that you already have heard, but I wanted to point to one major flaw on your site and it has to do with your statement in the quote above. The issue is: Your landing pages are sending people away from your site. Here is what I mean: I came from your tweet and landed here: http://nookbank.com/carstereo/. On that page there is absolutely nothing that I can click to buy anything or to get sent to Amazon to shop with you getting commission. If I follow a link to any of the articles, the target page opens in the same tab (I'm gone from your site, and probably not coming back b/c the target site will not send me back to you). If you want to keep them with a chance of buying anything, you need to rewrite your short digest in such a way that your visitors gets interested in what you are writing about and if you mention any "sellable" products, link them right from your text to a new window with Amazon item listing. If your advice was good, they might share your content on social media (although I doubt that) and if they stumble on your site next time, they might remember that they had a good experience and they might use your referral again.

Good luck

P.S. Please let me know if you are open for suggestions.

#3 IrekJanek, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
  4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Irene makes a couple of good points here. When linking to another site, the link should open in a new tab, so you don't lose the visitor. Also, if your blog post mentions a "sellable" article, in addition to linking directly to the Amazon listing from the text, you should include a prominent call-to-action, which would also link to the same listing. Even though the main purpose of a blog is not to sell, if a blog entry is good enough to inspire the visitor to buy, you want to make it as easy as possible for them to do so. Be careful, though , not to make it too obvious. You want the visitor to think the decision to buy was their idea, you're just encouraging them.

#4 Joseph.Shivell, Feb 17, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  5. tunescool

tunescool
    uix_expand uix_collapse

theres affiliates on the right and on the top theres links to different products, amps, speakers

my landing pages are not great because im not good with graphics and all that. they just have to be like that

6. Gelhost

Gelhost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I read your post and I came up with some thoughts. Firstly great job trying to be active in the Social media, but seems like you stated that you are not getting any conversion. I have a personal rule, if something don't work change it or tweak to make it better. Secondly think like an average customer, and see what would you like to see in a site. The second rule is one the most important thing a business user usually forgets. I hope this gave you some more clear idea.

7. IrekJanek

IrekJanek
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi, Corey. You went on a defensive again. You don't need to explain, defend or justify your design choices, because I am not attacking them. It is you who stated that it is not working, I'm just trying to help you fix it.

Now lets work with an example:
    1) Your visitor lands here: Car stereo
    2) Wants to read about "Cyber Savings Continues" - click
    3) Lands here Cyber Savings Continues
    4) Wants to find more, clicks on Article Link Cyber-Savings-Continues! click.
    5) Your potential customer is already on another seller's page, if they decide to buy anything, they are more likely to buy it from the other site.

Within 5 clicks your visitor is out and if you follow the clicks you will see that there wasn't any product related to the "Cyber Savings" that the visitor could have clicked to buy it.

#7 IrekJanek, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  8. tunescool

tunescool
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i was not defensive in anyway, you said there were no links on my site, i said there were

ok so that sounds great and all. i have had products and links to buy products in some of my posts, but posts come and go and i dont have the time to do that alot

ok joegrammar who writes in one big paragraph that looks like its scribbled like a kid, and really bad, cap my stuff

9. bleepingdesign

bleepingdesign
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You mentioned that you get "tens of thousands of visitors" every day. From which country do you get the most visit? What is your website bounce rate. The reason,you are not getting any affiliate sales may be because of High bounce rate. Your website design plays and important role as well.

Are you able to manage all the ten sites efficiently ? If you say that you are getting that much traffic, then generating amazon affiliate income should be no problem.

You have gone defensive all way. Please mention your websites here. Average traffic that you get daily for each blog. I would love to take a look at them and see whats going wrong.

You got to doing something wrong. Do you do over promotion on social media ? That can seriously damage your reputation. Never ever directly recommend Amazon products to people. You can use your blog articles to promote the amazon links. I would suggest you to promote just 1 product. For example a hosting affiliate. Only promote those products, that you personally use and like.

My story:
    I have a tech blog and I also offer graphic design services using the sub-domain. My hosting provider is A Small Orange, I chose them as they are the best in business and when I promote them, they sell like hot cakes. below is the screenshot of my sales in just one night.

[​IMG]

10. IrekJanek

IrekJanek
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Did you have a chance to go over the example visit that I wrote? Do you see the problem? If you want to work on fixing your sites, what is your most visited page?