Some business questions

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by jerimah, Oct 3, 2013.

1. jerimah

jerimah
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have some business questions i need an answer to.
    1. How does your business make money?
    2.How did you start your business?
    3. What factors determined which business you decided to go in?
    4. Does your business have competitors?
    5.How will the afforable health care act affect your business?

Also i would like to know where your business is located. just give me the country it is in, and that will be fine:)
    All responses will be apprecaited.:)

2. Mens

Mens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Jerimah

While you start a business you should be aware that in the starting process business doesn't gave profit until you run approx over a year. if you think making a money in a short term period its not a big deal like wise choose local marketing, internet promotions of your business. even in every business their are lots of Competitors in market. but you dont need to worry about them before thinking to start a business you should be aware about the business type which you are starting.

3. jerimah

jerimah
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks men for your reply, even through it wasn't the answer i was expecting. This for a school project, and i'm not starting a business just yet

4. onegoodman25

onegoodman25
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1 - affiliate marketing, we help big companies sell products, and earn commission
    2 - My passion was always to help people save money, and I start by blogging about discounts, I didn't know then I will end creating a business where I help people save money when they shop online.
    3 - Passion, and love to what I am doing.
    4 - Sure.
    5 - I am not sure this is applicable to me.

• Like Like x 1
  5. jerimah

jerimah
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks onegoodman25, exactly the answer i was looking:)

6. onegoodman25

onegoodman25
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you welcome, I am glad it helps.

7. Constantin

Constantin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

1. I have 2 businesses: one offers social media services to companies in and around London, UK and the other one is more like a personal project (online) that promotes affiliate products and services that I've tried. I have also added paid advertising on the website's pages, to see how it goes (this is worldwide).

2. I have started the social media business when the company I was working with stopped offering these services to its clients so I gave them the option to work directly with me (since I was in charge or supervising their campaigns, anyway). Most of them accepted. I found more businesses to work with, after that. Regarding my personal project, it started as a blog where I was supposed to post reviews for whatever I was testing online. After a while, I started sharing the techniques that I was using for advertising and the results I was getting (good or bad). This is how I met a lot of like-minded people.

3. In my case it was about what I like doing, what I am experienced in and what makes me feel comfortable while working.

4. Yes, of course, but if you choose the right niche and keep offering good value you'll eventually overtake your competitors. Taking advantage of the various opportunities is also important.

5. It doesn't.

• Like Like x 2
  8. jerimah

jerimah
    uix_expand uix_collapse

thanks constantain, i like your answer a lot, and it was the one i was looking for:)

9. maryjune206

maryjune206
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Although my business is not really an online business, I make use of the Internet a lot to market and advertise my company.

For your questions:

>> Basically I started off small. I make money through referrals- by family and friends. Then networking helped a lot in growing up my firm. And then after so many years in business, I decided to expand my advertising campaign online.

>> Like I said, I started off small and most of my clients are through referrals. But because I love what I do, running my own business is not that hard.

>> First of all, consider a business that you like or know. Of course, also consider a business that can give you a stable income.

>> Yes a lot, even though mine is really a super niche business. But like I said, choose a niche/business that can provide you with stable income. So although I have a lot of competitors, I am not bothered since my niche offers a lot of opportunities.

>> This one does not apply to me, sorry.

I hope that helps!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Constantin

Constantin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks, jerimah! I'm glad to hear that ;).

11. jerimah

jerimah
    uix_expand uix_collapse

MaryJune206, that did help a lot and thanks for replying.:)