Solar energy for home. Where read more info?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by CLEFTRETWHAWL, Nov 22, 2008.

1. CLEFTRETWHAWL

CLEFTRETWHAWL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello

I need full kit of solar energy complect for my home, Where I can look at thechnical specifications and examples? We search on internet and not find this. :( Please if you have some documentation please post.

2. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Let me first welcome you to the Business Advice Forum CLEFTRETWHAWL.

That's a good idea! Using solar energy for the home will definitely be a big help in cutting down costs on electricity. I googled "solar energy" and came out with 21M results but I was able to find a good site - Free Sun Power. This a good site in that it has tutorials on how to setup the solar power system and even has an "Interactive Solar Simulator" and a "Design Tool" to help you in figuring out how many solar panels and batteries you'd need for your home.

Do check it out.

3. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi CLEFTRETWHAWL, a warm welcome to you! Thanks for being here. :)

That's a great site Nazreen's shared with you. You might also be interested in this youtube video. It's made by someone in Fiji who has solar panels, and is very short - only fourteen seconds. However, right at the end you can see a manufacturer's name and it looks like Howards stainless steel.

Now I don't know if that's part of the solar panel system or not but it looks like it could be since it's included in the film. I guessing that's the name of the company that installed the solar panels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwberwDLOfc

I have a youtube account so I sent the videomaker a message asking if he could share some information about it that I could pass on to you. If I hear back from him I'll let you know. :)

4. youbetcha1018

youbetcha1018
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is a good link, Nazreen. Actually, here in our country some home owners are using solar energy. Well, it's quite expensive here.

5. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Even though the solar panels and all the materials needed in setting up a solar power system are expensive, you should still be able to break even after a couple of years or more. In the long term, you will be saving on your electricity bills and be more eco-friendly at the same time. As compared to Singapore, most of us stay in flats so we cannot install a solar power system. Only the rich people here live in landed properties.