Software Recommendation for Inventory Management?

Discussion in 'Apps & Software' started by vinogradov8, Mar 14, 2013.

1. vinogradov8

vinogradov8
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Basically me and my company are looking for a good way to tie inventory management with maintenance cost of products. We own a car dealership but don't need dealer specific software.

We need 3 things essentially (#1 is most important):
    1. A way to see the base auction price of the car, plus how much it is costing us to bring it into shape (oil, cleaning, paint, transport, etc) below it, added together. Our main goal is to see how much the car is costing us and how much margin we are making on it.

2. The ability to see how much each we are spending on particular parts / the vendors we buy from. So if we buy $2000 worth from auto zone each month, I want to be able to negotiate prices, etc (just an example).

3. Have an inventory of cars that we can keep track of, manage, and remove from inventory (archive).

Now I know quickbooks can do a lot of these things, but it's not even close to ideal. We will be fine with an export to cvs/quickbooks.

2. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Why aren't you interested in the dealer specific one? Any specific reason?

i'm not aware of the best software for this but it you are not getting what you want from the available ones then why not get a custom one?

3. cstoreoffice

cstoreoffice
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Why don't you go with Petrosoft Software. I think it will be more helpful for you It will give you total control over inventory, personnel, pricing and margins and help you improve your operations I think it will be a Beneficial experience for you.

4. John Williams

John Williams
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi ,
    I would suggest you to go for "Invoicera" . It will ideally help you in managing your inventory as well as this tool has various addditional features as well.
    ww.invoicera.com

5. Ady

Ady
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are looking for inventory management without replacing QuikcBooks software, Fishbowl Inventory software is a good option.

6. alexdisuza

alexdisuza
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Brightpearl is good option for inventory management. It is compatible with all devices.Fabulous for retail especially online services and it gets better all the time.

7. harryvent

harryvent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Many Inventory management systems available in the marketplace, but which is adapt to maintain your inventory. If you are looking for cost affordable and manage every inventory, order, shipment in a single software, I would suggest Apptivo. My uncle installed this software for manage inventory to run the business without trouble.