Social Networking Sites

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by TimeRider, Aug 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nowadays, I have found that people are more interested in social networking sites. Tons and tons of users are joining social networking sites to meet new people to make friends and chat with them. Some popular sites are FaceBook, Twitter, Orkut, Hi5.

I have found that Hi5 has been loosing it's users. Hi5 users are migrating to Orkut , Twitter and mostly FaceBook as they provides lots of services and entertainment. Also, Hi5 had alot of down time and it's services went down for more than weeks. For this unstablity, most of people have left using Hi5.

I also got invited by my friend to join FaceBook. I have been using Hi5 but I rarely find people using it now. However they have users but i don't see much activities there. As other social networking sites provide much more services and they are stable too.

2. realitybites.in

realitybites.in
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I do accept that people are interested in social networking sites now a day

people keep join and living ( not staying active ) now a day's

most of social networking sites keep migrating from one social networking sites to an other .....

like "orkut" losing it users to "facebook" etc
    the main reason behind migrating is media .... media keep encouraging or keep talking about website which are unique and different from existing websites

the top social networking sites today is myspace and they followed by facebook and orkut

about twitter .... we cant really say that twitter as social networking website as it is a micro blogging

but people usually consider it as social networking website

3. JBMedia

JBMedia
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It's a very true statement saying that Social networks are the cream of the crop right now online. Facebook and MySpace especially. I read a very interesting story about the beginning all the way to the present of how Facebook was originally thought up of and put together by two Harvard kids in their dorm. Now the owner and CEO of Facebook is the youngest man EVER to reach Forbes top 400 richest people. He's only 25 years of age, and his net worth is over $1 Billion. It's quite impressive if you ask me.

A lot of people are using these network sites, including older people now. Which before, was thought to be something that was not going to happen. Social networking can provide so many benefits, even if it isn't just with your friends. If you don't have an account on the popular social network sites, even go ahead and make one for your business, and start networking with people doing the same thing as you. It can be a great resource tool.

4. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social networking sites are the core of internet marketing these days. Most affiliate marketers use Myspace, Facebook and especially Twitter to widen their online circle and increase their sales. These are great tools to generate organic traffic and make plenty of friends as well. Thumps up for all SN sites :)

5. ZakShow

ZakShow
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social networking sites are popular these days because it allows people to connect together and to make new friends. There are other people who use this fame to advertise and that's what internet marketers do..

6. DEADMAN

DEADMAN
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social networks are used mainly because you can find new people daily. Search of girls are more wider so many join it. ;)

Yes, hi5.com has no activity probably because the frontpage of users is very heavy. Also, facebook and other social-networks are getting more popularity due to job opportunity, new services, new people to join everyday.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Interestingly enough Facebook has it's origins in a site it's founders set up to help them meet more girls.

Social networking is a great way to promote your own site or business and establish contacts. If your primary reason for using social networking sites is for promotion, you have to be careful with it.

It is very easy to spend a lot of time on social networking sites, without achieving very much for your own site or business. Having clear goals for what you want to achieve for your time on social networking and then being disciplined with how you spend your time there helps. If your goal is to have fun and meet new people, that's fine too, enjoy it.

8. paperkool

paperkool
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The Time is Now For Social Networking

Social Networking is beyond a doubt today’s craze. It’s like the hoola hoop of the late 50s. It’s the cat’s meow and more! Smart marketers are taking advantage of this phenomenon. Even big corporations are using sites like twitter. You may as well join in, while the time is right. :)

#8 paperkool, Aug 28, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2009
  9. gowriter

gowriter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm starting to understand Twitter, but Facebook I've kept separately for personal use. I'm afraid I may end up mixing the two when I want them separated.

In a way, if I'm going to be networking for business, I'd do forums or find a social network geared around business, especially if it pays.

10. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I use only twitter and facebook at this moment. Social networking is one of the greater way to generate traffic to our site. However, the traffic is not as targeted as traffic from search engine. Therefore, the conversion rate is lower

11. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The traffic may not be as targeted, but sometimes people who visit your site through a social network, may feel more of a connection with you personally and hence may be more eager to support your site in some way.

That's a good approach, Facebook is a good way to keep in touch with personal contacts. When you open it up to everyone (like I have) it can become a little less useful for personal contacts.

12. advice12

advice12
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social networking sites have made good connection between the people. It is the easy and free way to talk to each other. Thats why these are quite popular.

13. EricTean

EricTean
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well,

Nowadays, social networking is most commonly understood to mean the gathering of people together on the Internet - on general Internet message boards, bookmarking sites and friends of friends networking sites.

Social networking is an important part of everyday life for many people and the signs are that it will become even more important in the future. Social networking is the practice of expanding the number of one's business and/or social contacts by making connections through individuals. While social networking has gone on almost as long as societies themselves have existed, the unparalleled potential of the Internet to promote such connections is only now being fully recognized and exploited, through Web-based groups established for that purpose.

14. stevenricherd

stevenricherd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social Networking sites are used by most of the people now a days, and it is the main source of communication for people, it is getting more bigger and better as time progress. Now people can find there old friends with help of these websites, you can promote your business, they also provide facilities to upload video and pictures which you can share with all your friends who are away from you. Facebook is the main choice now a days.

15. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Closing old thread. If you would like it re-opened, please send me a quick PM and I'd be delighted to open it for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.