Social Media Tips For Small Businesses

Discussion in 'Articles & Tutorials' started by Nykee Entrepreneur, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Nykee Entrepreneur

Nykee Entrepreneur
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A social media plan is vital to the success of a small business. That should go without saying, especially in a time when people communicate more online than they do in person. But beyond that, a lot of small businesses are at a loss. They know they need to make their presence known on social media — they just don’t know how. It’s not nearly as complicated as it can first seem, and in the long run social media can be a great benefit to your company and brand. Here are some tips on how small businesses can make the most of the major social media platforms.

Instagram: Post original content. Users on Instagram are more impressed with original, authentic photos that clearly display the personality of your brand and company. Small businesses can garner lots of loyal followers by regularly updating with interesting shots of the office, sneak peeks of new products, and fun promotions. Visual is key here: if you don’t have a fun or unique image to share, save it for another network.

Pinterest: This is another site that’s big on visuals, but if you’re not of an artistic nature your small business can still do well. Like and share pictures that promote the interests of your company; seek out people that would benefit the most from your business and connect with them. Unlike Instagram, you can simply share other people’s picture and posts, so don’t worry if you’re not a photographer.

Twitter: Twitter is a huge platform that can connect you to millions of customers, so tread carefully. Don’t spam people’s accounts with endless promotions, but don’t fall silent either. You’ll need to work to find the perfect balance for your particular audience. Make sure that you personally connect with and respond to customers (particularly those that are having issues or questions regarding your product). Twitter has become the fastest way to connect with companies online — make sure you put your best face forward.

Mobile Advertising: Not a social network per se, mobile advertising and marketing is rapidly expanding as one of the best ways to connect with potential customers across the country and the globe. Make sure your website is mobile-friendly, and works well with most smartphones. The best way to attract customers and boost sales is to design a marketing campaign specifically for the mobile audience (or at the very least ensure it’s compatible with mobile devices). If this seems out of your league, services like BreMobile can help you create and promote mobile ads quickly, easily, and effectively.

Facebook: Considered by many to be the pinnacle of social media, Facebook doesn’t have the standing it once enjoyed. While pretty much every small business and individual you know seems to have a Facebook, more and more people (particularly the younger generation) are looking for other ways to connect with friends. Building a Facebook following for your company can give you credibility, and allows you to easily connect with potential customers around the world. Sharing coupons, deals, and updates about your company on a regular basis will keep users engaged and your social media profile strong.

Please don't forget to connect with us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/bremobile and on twitter @bremobile. Also sign up with us by August 1st to get 10 weeks of FREE advertising at www.bremobile.com/offer.html.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Stefan Ceganjac

Stefan Ceganjac
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello, I want to ask a questing. I am a professional musician and I'm asking what is the best way to promote my music, band etc.?

3. Alan Ron

Alan Ron
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For promotion of any business, there are so many things to do.

• Create your website and internal blog with your posts that includes details about your shows.
    • Create your own Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin Page for your business and stay updated.
    • Do SEO, SMO, PPCfor your website of possible.
    This will definitely help you ...

4. Nykee Entrepreneur

Nykee Entrepreneur
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Stefan, everything that Alan said is correct. There are also websites that have platforms for musical communities. Bandmix is one example. A friend of mine also suggested starting a fan club. If you're performing a lot and you have a good following, you can get them to sign up to the fan club for a fee and offer them different promotional products for their membership, such as t-shirts, cds of your latest music, concert tickets, getting something free every time they share your music with someone. These are just a couple of ideas.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JamesRTorkelson

JamesRTorkelson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• Promotional Links are not allowed in normal forum posts. This post has been edited to remove a promotional link.
    I am glad to find this information here as it is one of the theme of my research work. I was looking to get some useful information on this topic. Also going through some useful resources so that I can refer the best sample works to properly formulate my writing work. Anyways, thanks for the information.

6. Asher ross

Asher ross
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Hi,
    Social media has become the integral part of any online business and for the growth of any online company it plays an important role. Facebook and Twitter are the most useful social media platforms.

7. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In promoting a business, whether big or small, the social media is the bes approach nowadays. Especially if you have a Facebook account with a multitude of active friends, you can get a good reaction from them when you promote something. However, your Facebook friends should be real friends because some of them might just take a look but wouldn't react positively to what you are promoting. Try to promote an interesting video to test the waters and see for yourself the numbers.

8. kitchie

kitchie
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The power of social media is undeniable, some works are done easily. Business can grow in just a matter of months, weeks or days. Just learn how to maximize the use of social media. Thanks for sharing some tips.

9. pwarbi

pwarbi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It seems that nearly every business, new and old, as spotted that there's a massive, previously untouched market sat there ready and waiting on social media platforms, it's just getting the right page and advertising to attract them.

Communication is also important and you dint see many companies these days that just have an address and phone number. They'll have fax, email, Facebook page, Twitter page, pinterest, and various other platforms for potential customers to get in touch.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Tommy Bjorn

Tommy Bjorn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social media is an extremely effective tool for Small Businesses marketers because it can help to: - Increase brand name awareness,- make more humane B2B company Establish a company as a thought leader, Connect with prospects, clients and industry influencers, Increase lead conversion rate

• Like Like x 1
  11. Winterybella

Winterybella
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There is no denying the power of social media. I am late getting on the social media bandwagon but it's a good place to be. I don't know how I have survived without it for so many years. I honestly believe to ignore it, in this century, you run the risk of being left far behind in business. I am trying to do catch up but at this stage Instagram has been the form of media that has been working best for our store. I am guessing it's because it's the form the young people in my business use most. Gradually I hope to make better use of Facebook and the other social media platforms. Pinterest has my attention. I am only just understanding how much scope there is overall.

12. cyrusv

cyrusv
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Definitely more credibility is established through a large following. With a higher facebook followers, I enjoy more opportunities to quote leads. Social media is not going away in the near future.

13. deannatroupe

deannatroupe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social media is a valuable part of any business' online presence. It can't be the only thing you use to promote your business. The main thing is to be consistent. Post something at least daily. Make sure to interact with other people's posts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. pwarbi

pwarbi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your especially right were interaction is concerned, as I think a lot of people will post things on social media and then not bother going back to the post and then engaging with the responses.

If people are commenting and replying to a post, you should make sure that you also respond.

• Like Like x 1
  15. infinityweb

infinityweb
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social media is really powerful nowadays. It really helps your business to gain popularity that will drive traffic to your website. From there you can convert traffic in commission on the long run. However we should bear in mind that engagement is really needed. You can like, comment, reply, mention them in your post.

Also, keep in mind that consistency is the key :)

16. steveposter

steveposter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Establishing your business in social media requires consistency in reaching its targeted audience. Provide them the interesting features from your business and this is through posting beneficial content.

17. muqtada123

muqtada123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To kick off your campaigns, get started with paid campaigns and also start work along with SEO and SEM.