SOcial media or Link Building?

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by StockTradeGenius, Jan 13, 2014.

1. nitinuk

nitinuk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just Buy some cheap ads and promote your site or page if people like it then automatically increase your likes and traffic on your page and site.

2. dyhair77

dyhair77
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Firstly you increase your following and make friends on social media sites. After that by default increase your traffic or followers, likes.

3. Baloo

Baloo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Of course this would be the best option, but if there is limited time or capacity to do so, I'd argue that it would be better to concentrate on one or the other depending on what the actual purpose would be.

4. carolmartin

carolmartin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both are still good strategies in 2016. Link building will still be a part of the SEO process. Google won't penalize your website as long as you build links in an ethical way. Social Media also will always be a part of the trend since more and more people are joining social network websites in order to connect and share ideas/opinions with other people.

5. nikithadarshan

nikithadarshan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with your ideas, Having strong social signal is very important to drive potential traffic and rankings to your website. We need to implement optimal strategy to get organic traffic to our site

#25 nikithadarshan, Sep 29, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2016
  6. Jaffrey Eric

Jaffrey Eric
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    In my opinion, social media is the best platform to get traffic to a website. Nowadays, there are different social media platforms, which are useful in business promotion like Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and more.
    Thanks!!

7. demonwebz

demonwebz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Gaining followers isn't that much hard just who have to publish updates of useful content in a daily basis.
    Linking building and SMO are totally different things. Link building is good for gaining long term traffic but it may take some time to achieve. But whereas social channels are good for instant traffic.

8. follo celebrity

follo celebrity
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social media is a good way of promoting your site and services. link building is an old technique now and hardly does the trick .Social media helps foster relationships, which in turn helps build link and improves rankings...

9. Baloo

Baloo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As I've understood, the new Penguin 4.0 update no longer penalizes websites themselves, rather the bad links if they are spammed. I think I read that those links basically don't give anything to the rankings anylonger.

10. Rob Schneider

Rob Schneider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Link building is an old seo technique and its quite useful too if you ask me but for more exposure and promotion, social media is spot on.

11. Suman Verma

Suman Verma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'll prefer Link Building. I mean, link building is more effective to rank your website while social media gives you the exposure or generate some traffic. My preference is surely the Link building tactics.

12. nurabooo

nurabooo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my point if you create a new blog focus on Social media , When you are getting a normal traffic then jump in to creating a backlink

13. Jennina Alvizo

Jennina Alvizo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Some people fail to realize that for a Social Media Marketing campaign to be successful, it requires a lot of time and dedication. - If you want to gain the attention of your target market, you need to constantly provide engaging content. You can also curate the content of other pages; share it on your page and add a little commentary in the headline.

Note that this doesn't give you a lot of likes during the first go. You might have to wait a couple of months to a year before you see a steady increase on your engagements daily.

14. Smith-K

Smith-K
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would prefer both if you ask me, as ultimately both will deliver traffic in some way or the other. But, I would start with Social media to get started and then focus on Link Building.

15. shreeganeshtransport

shreeganeshtransport
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social Networking sites are Facebook, Google +, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram etc. Update the Fresh Content, Website Link and use the Hash Tags.

16. sin123

sin123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Increase the number of posts in the social media.your post must be good it should have efficient content and images.this is the one technique to get the attention of people.

17. Ourbusinessladder

Ourbusinessladder
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Share interesting information of your niche to the relevant groups to gain more followers and it also helps to drive leads to your business.

18. Fortetrader

Fortetrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For the more followers in social media you can share and comment as well inviting on the pages.

you can post your business on the multiple social media sites like..facebool, twitter, pinterest, and more....