SOcial media or Link Building?

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by StockTradeGenius, Jan 13, 2014.

1. StockTradeGenius

StockTradeGenius
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How to gain more followers? How will you get the attentions of the people who used social media? What techniques are very useful in social media?

2. tylerjackson81

tylerjackson81
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its easy just comments on others accounts and upgrade your profile.

3. riz.122

riz.122
    uix_expand uix_collapse

link building is an old technique now and hardly does the trick. Social media is a good way of promoting your site and services. But there are many other ways to promote site. Think about them as well, they can be magical.

4. StockTradeGenius

StockTradeGenius
    uix_expand uix_collapse

@riz.122 and tylerjackson81 Got it! Thanks guys. I think I need to find out that magical thing :). Link building is still popular even it is an old tricks because it still have the quality that given to the site.

5. saahil2310

saahil2310
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just keep sharing your business on social networks. It will increase traffic to your website and increase your business earnings.

6. StockTradeGenius

StockTradeGenius
    uix_expand uix_collapse

@saahil2310 Thanks guys any suggestions?

7. bizwizgenie12

bizwizgenie12
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Link Building = How Popular Your Site Is!

Hi,

Link building is an effort undertaken by webmasters or other owners to promote a particular site. People naturally gravitate to a site that gives them the information which they are looking for. When such a site is found, they invariably point a link to it by embedding the site's page's URL on their own page. In other words, they "build a link" to the site. When a large number of such link building takes place over a period of time, the site's popularity grows in the eyes of search engines, who begin indexing it more vigorously. Soon, the site's pagerank increases, and search engines and advertisers begin approaching you with a request to let them advertise on your site.

Hope this helps.

8. youngkia1

youngkia1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social media is helpful if you want to attract more people, gain followers and traffic. The reason is you are actually reaching real people with the help of social media. As we all know, nowadays there are a lot of active users around social media sites. So if you are serious about getting more followers/audiences then Social media is the answer. While Link building, this will help you on how to get ranked along different search engine sites. Having a website with no visibility in search engine result pages is like a needle in a haystack. What I mean is, the site is non-sense if it is not ranking in SERP. For you to be able to ranked your site well you have to focus on link building. Doing right stuff while following white hat techniques. Not all link building submissions are good. You still have to check the quality of the site that you are entering in. Hope that this explanation helps you. Good luck ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. StockTradeGenius

StockTradeGenius
    uix_expand uix_collapse

@bizwizgenie12 and youngkia1 All your comments, suggestions, tips are definitely true! I learned something new and I love to apply these tips on my work, I want to be a successful SEO someday and I will do my best to make it work! I'm so very glad to know this forum because I've learned more knowledge and everybody here is active and especially all my questions have an answered! :) I hope that you could help me more and share more tips to make everybody happy and stay knowledgeable. Thanks :)

10. OnlineMythBuster

OnlineMythBuster
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

11. tylerjackson81

tylerjackson81
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Update post daily and share post with your friends.If you using facebook you can easily get followers and people attention just tag your friends vides or pictures etc.
    Or post your link to many group.

12. carloborja

carloborja
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Build a community. Engage, communicate and address their concerns.

As a start, you can roll out competitions, raffles, prizes, etc. That should help you get started. Build it from there.

13. Krisz Rokk

Krisz Rokk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We're all in the problem-solving business. What are the needs and problems of your target audience? Your job is to provide valuable products and services (= solutions to your audience's needs) to enhance customer experience. In the end, it all comes down to perceived value.
    “The most important single thing is to focus obsessively on the customer.” – Jeff Bezos, CEO & President of Amazon.com

14. TheTravisRoss

TheTravisRoss
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Instead of thinking "how can I get links", think of how you can use social media to engage with your followers, provide helpful information to your potential clients or customers, and raise awareness of your brand. You want to use social media in a way that will encourage people to think of you when they need the products or service you provide. Of course, links are still part of Google's algorithm, so sprinkling a few links here and there will certainly help, but links should not be your primary purpose.

15. Baloo

Baloo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One important distinction between them two is 'why' you do what you do.

Generally Linkbuildning is used to bolster your websites' resarch-results and finding its way higher up the rankings. Very seldom is this technique used as a device to sell more products or to get impressions from other sites.

Social Media can be used both as a communication-tool and as a way for you to gain impressions or drive traffic and potential customers to your website.

If I were you I would sit down and think about what you want to accomplish with your strategy.

16. VerdinaNET

VerdinaNET
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my opinion if you can combine both- sharing in social media and link building then just do it. Definitely doing them together will be the best for your business.

17. rf-harris

rf-harris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In order to get good search engine rankings, link building is pretty important while social media tends to be very helpful in getting quick traffic to any web page so both are important. Mostly social media sites help drive more direct traffic to your website while quality link building help you to get good SERP which is always a great plus for any website's success.

18. Magento_oCodewire

Magento_oCodewire
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social Media marketing is the best option to gain more followers. You can post your business blog or websites post within the social media platforms like Facebook. Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn etc. Social Media marketing helps your business to gain more reputations and valuable.

19. Rinox

Rinox
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social Media marketing is best way Promote the business . Social Networking sites are the Google +, LinkedIn, Instagram, Flickr etc.

20. cheta

cheta
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One thing that has helped me in getting followers is the buying of Facebook ads in which you can choose your specific niche and even country in which you want to target to, hence getting targeted social traffic from Facebook.
    You may wish to post useful content that are gainful to any potential follower but you will need to expose/promote your page so that can see your content easily.

#20 cheta, Sep 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2016