Social Media Marketing Techniques

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by Sotaru, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Sotaru

Sotaru
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What are your favorite types of Social Media and what techniques have helped you find success?

For me, I'd say the following platforms gave me the greatest success:

YouTube - My old favorite, but only for 2011-2012, as the platform has changed so much recently that its much harder to get views on your videos than before.
    Twitter - My new favorite, as it is easy to abuse their API to automate your account and keep it running 24/7 without you lifting a finger.
    Instagram - The psychological sniper. If you play your cards right and create an instagram account that is interesting and unique, people are more likely to look at your product and try to support you.

One would probably ask, why not Facebook? I would say, it doesn't hurt to advertise on Facebook but its not as easy to gain a following on Facebook as it is for the aforementioned Social Media platforms.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

You say you use twitter because "it is easy to abuse their API to automate your account and keep it running 24/7 without you lifting a finger." This is exactly what you should not be doing. Ever wonder why it is now harder to get views on YouTube, and gain a following on Facebook? Because, like Google, they saw people find a way to manipulate their services to get what they want, rather than allowing the visitors get what they need. As we all know, Google has developed ways to prevent, or at least substantially reduce, this manipulation. YouTube, of course, is now owned by Google, so you knew they wouldn't be too far behind. Facebook is not owned by Google, but they too have taken steps to make it harder to manipulate their services. What happens if and when Instagram and Twitter decide to take steps to reduce the manipulation?

3. josephcaron

josephcaron
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Friends,

8 Essential Elements of a Social Media Marketing Strategy.

1: Identify Business Goals
    2: Set Marketing Objectives
    3: Identify Ideal Customers
    4: Research Competition
    5: Choose Channels and Tactics
    6: Create a Content Strategy
    7: Allocate Budget and Resources
    8: Assign Roles

• Like Like x 3
  4. addialex

addialex
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Now days social media changed the way of business, it become huge platform for marketing and draw traffic to the website .Social media where the lot of potential customer have come, use of social media technique is the essential part of any successful business. It is a cost effective compared to the other old marketing means.

There is always have opportunity that your friends are on Facebook,youtube,twitter,linkedIn google++,pintrest, etc. It is best think for your business or company to be visible and seen in place where other potential customers might be.

As a SEO analyst I would suggest you best social media sites for seo to boost up your website search engine ranking and make your business visible on the internet :-

1. Facebook (900,000,000 - Estimated Unique Monthly Visitor)
    2. Twitter (310,000,000 - Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors)
    3. Pinterest (250,000,000 - Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors)
    4. Linkedin (255,000,000 - Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors)
    5. google+ (120,000,000 - Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors)
    6. tumblr (110,000,000 - Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors)
    7. Instagram (100,000,000 - Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors)
    8. Tagged (38,000,000 - Estimated Unique Monthly Visitor)
    9. Flicker (65,000,000 - Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors)
    10. VK (80,000,000 - Estimated Unique Monthly Visitors)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. MBA Trainer

MBA Trainer
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I always prefer to use YouTube to promote my business. I upload my course videos and because of my quality contents, people watch these videos and do comment on them. Finally videos get ranking

6. Diane Lane

Diane Lane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't use Youtube at all. I have a Facebook business page, but it's really not that active, since I refuse to pay Facebook for advertising. I use Twitter, Pinterest, tumblr and Instagram. I haven't been as active on some of them lately because my mobile device is acting up, but hopefully soon that will change, and I can get busy promoting again.

7. azraf

azraf
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks addialex for the info. Actually on which social media website you will run the campaign depends on your target customers. First, research your target customer, identify on which platform they mostly can be found, and plan your campaign according to that.

Hope that will be effective much.

• Like Like x 1
  8. geeksremote24-7

geeksremote24-7
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am using Facebook mostly.I get many daily visitors with my informative stuff and also with share it with relevant communities.

9. dyhair77

dyhair77
    uix_expand uix_collapse

• Promotional Link in Post Removed
    I am using Google Plus always to promote our business and share all information related to my business. This site is really very nice to promote any business and get best traffic to any website.

#9 dyhair77, May 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2016
  10. Jagdish Technocast

Jagdish Technocast
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am most of using pinterest network for social media marketing because pinterest is one of the best social media network to promote business and product. Pintrest provide many benefits to increase brand authority, grow audience and drive traffic to your site.

#10 Jagdish Technocast, May 12, 2016
    Last edited: May 12, 2016
  11. Asher ross

Asher ross
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Social media marketing is making a transformation in terms of customer engagement. However, according to Gallup poll report, 62% of consumer's buying decision is not influenced by social media. Still, marketers plan and deploy social media marketing strategies. However, if social platforms are used then Facebook is the best platform accounting for 27% of the share, followed by Twitter and Instagram.

12. rf-harris

rf-harris
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't think that gaining exposure from facebook is very hard. You can share you products/services in various facebook groups which are relatedt to your niche, this should provide very good exposure.

13. johnhastings

johnhastings
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social media marketing has grown and able to benefit businesses worldwide to be more visible to their target audience by simply applying and merging the social media marketing into a powerful approach.

14. Ruth Anitha

Ruth Anitha
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Active participation is a basic necessity of any social media marketing campaign. Just creating some profiles in a handful of social media sites doesn’t do any good. You should post some content to the social media profiles frequently and make them look lively. Always remember the fact that Google crawls the profiles that are frequently updated. Moreover, the visitors of your profile will love to see many updates. You should also involve in activities like participating in polls, posting in forums, making comments and connecting with the people of similar interest.

Social Media marketing is a time consuming process and for the moment of truth it is really worth the time you spend. If you don’t have enough time for social media marketing in your tight schedule, there are professional social media marketers who are ready to help you. To the added advantage, these professional social media marketers can analyze your website and create the best marketing strategy. By paying them a nominal fee, you can just sit back and relax, watching your network grow along with the web traffic and business.

15. Universitiutara

Universitiutara
    uix_expand uix_collapse

7 Steps in Creating a Winning Social Media Marketing Strategy:

1. Ensure Social Goals Solve Challenges.
    2. Extend Efforts Throughout Your Organization.
    3. Focus on Networks That Add Value.
    4. Create Engaging Content.
    5. Identify Business Opportunities Through Social.
    6. Engage Instead of Ignore.
    7. Track, Improve and Market Your Efforts.

16. technocrab

technocrab
    uix_expand uix_collapse

There are many techniques we are use for social media marketing :-

• Create a Game Plan & Stick to It
    • Treat each channel as an individual entity
    • Go above & beyond in customer service
    • Embrace mishaps
    • Track & Talk
    • Stay active on Google+ etc

#16 technocrab, Jul 18, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2016
  17. ferrychristian

ferrychristian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Treat each channel as an individual entity as in LinkedIn yo can see more professionalism, where as Instagram is more focused on entertainment and fun, so you have to be selective, in each case that what kind of information you actually wants to provide or want. Pay attention to your follower demographic on each channel to publish content that appeals to them.

18. Magento_oCodewire

Magento_oCodewire
    uix_expand uix_collapse

We are working with Twitter, facebook, Instagram, Google+ social media platforms. But mostly Twitter give the best result to our business. It promotes your business between millions of peoples.
    Google+ is the best business social media platform. It also enhances and promote your business rapidly online.

19. paradisegold

paradisegold
    uix_expand uix_collapse

hiii

We are a big firm of ceramic tiles manufacture and exporters so we are mostly targeted on B2B marketing that's way we are prefer Twitter and linkedin. Twitter and linked in is the best for B2B business promotion. Currently LinkedIn has 260 million users in 200 countries with different 20 languages and twitter has 500 million user which use this microblogging service and send and read “tweets,” which are text messages limited to 140 characters. Using this both site to build relationship with customers.

Thanks,,,,

#19 paradisegold, Sep 2, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  20. fisicx

fisicx
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Liaison 1.0

Nope. Social media can work for some people but for most businesses it's never going to provide a good ROI. Posting one or twice a day on FB isn't going to achieve anything. What you need is people talking about you - and you get that by working very hard at marketing.