Social Media Business

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by elina, Jun 12, 2012.

1. elina

elina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Does your ecommerce business need social media marketing?
    Most mornings, the moment you pick up your daily newspaper, you would find pamphlets announcing discounts or special packages from a local store. This kind of marketing tool is specific and direct. It is first of all targeted at the right buyers, because the local grocery store is certain to be your preferred shopping place to even a super bazar a few kilometres away. And then, the message is very clear –it lists out the items you would possibly be looking for.

#1 elina, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2012
  2. ScottJames

ScottJames
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm not satisfied with your thoughts......

3. kimipatel

kimipatel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ya.. It's every one thoughts.. We can't judge... This is a also marketing strategy...

4. jcworlditsme

jcworlditsme
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It would seem so, although I do think finding a unique niche can be quite effective, but also quite difficult at the same time.

5. James Sally

James Sally
    uix_expand uix_collapse

These days social media are boom like Facebook, Twitter, Myspace.

6. BrainCourage.com

BrainCourage.com
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think businesses these days needs to have a way to show people what they are doing. It is also a great way to promote your business.

7. gogreenbusiness

gogreenbusiness
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think the starter of this thread is pointing that why we should need social media marketing when leaflets and other offline ads can address your target market directly. Well, the poster was right... offline marketing can provide direct communication with the target market. however, i believe social media marketing does it better and way more affordable than printed ads.

8. rises5544

rises5544
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This is an era of competition, There are only some techniques which i must say your competitor will not use. Social media like face book, Twitter are the best sources to get renown in the market, no matter no sales but on the other hand you are doing free branding.

9. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well most of the types of businesses needs the power of Social Media. Most of the time people can be seen online that's why most of the businesses venture in Social media because it can actually give you the viral promotion and ROI you need.

10. loraedword1

loraedword1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Every one make its one strategy about every think rather it is marketing or something else. however using of social media sites are the free way of marketing.

11. sama

sama
    uix_expand uix_collapse

social media is very good to promote your business

12. yourokcproperty

yourokcproperty
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

I think businesses these days needs to have a way to show people what they are doing.

13. driansmith

driansmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

No. Simple.
    95% of people 'using' social media gain zero benefit from it. This is due to a combination of:
    1. The non-recognition that there is more to the concept than just having a social media profile page
    2. No creative ideas as to how to utilise social media
    3. Not enough time to use a media that involves internet 'chatting' (not everyone is an extrovert)
    4. Totally inappropriate. Most businesses will simply never benefit from social media
    5. Driving people OFF your website by putting up free links to all the social media websites and forcing visitors to chat elsewhere

Social media is one of the biggest 'emperor's new clothes' I have seen in a long time.

Having said that - it can work, provided you recognise it must be dovetailed into an overall internet marketing strategy.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Dawey

Dawey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

QFT! Good post. And nice to hear someone saying the truth about social media. It corresponds very well with my own thoughts.

15. Mark T

Mark T
    uix_expand uix_collapse

But again, there are certain points where social media does helps some business entities online, especially in building and spreading their business in the network.

16. driansmith

driansmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Can you set out some specific examples where it has worked Mark? For small businesses?

17. raksha

raksha
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    I would like to say that it is actually dependent on the business to adapt the required strategy.

Thanks.

18. memoonamike

memoonamike
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Pamphlets and advertisement papers are good for your business to get direct customer but they are limited and cover very little area to promote your business, but social media introduce your business all over the world and more people know about your business, it will increase your reputation among your competitors and also increase your online customer strength.

19. joelchrist

joelchrist
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Definitely, It would be great if you get social media help for your ecommerce business, it is the best way to reach your audience i guess.

20. shockgarden143

shockgarden143
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your business needs to create strategies that link the customer experience with the technologies and systems required to deliver the right content at the right time.
    Some Point:

1-Social media isn’t just about increasing sales.
    2-They’re giving you another stage to exhibit your brand for customers and potential customers. And that’s definitely not a bad thing.
    3-Social media has done a great service to businesses in terms of search engine optimization (SEO).
    4-your immediate social media sales figures will never reflect that marketing influence.