Social Media Advertisement Price Help

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Jacob Peuser, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Jacob Peuser

Jacob Peuser
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I Own a Blog on Tumblr.com that post streetwear/clothing pictures. I currently have over 40,000 Followers and gain average 1-2 thousand followers each week. I post twice a day on average, and the posts can get anywhere from 400 to 14000 "notes" (Likes and reposts).
    I received an offer from a clothing company today that asked if i would put a link to their website on every post, for a flat-rate monthly payment. they offered me 30$ a month to start. I think this is very low but i have no clue the worth of each post. the posts can get exposure of up to 500,000 views.

How much should i ask for?

2. Abdulrahman

Abdulrahman
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think this decision is up to you as you are the only one who knows if your traffic converts or just react to posts by likes and reposts only but, for 30$ it's very low price :)

3. The View Abu Dhabi

The View Abu Dhabi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Low? Seriously, it way too low, the statistics you are describing are way too good to get some good clients for backlinks specially if the industry would be same as your blog. Just market your tumblr blog in marketplaces of different good forums to get your real rates and prices.

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Like others, I agree that $30 is very low, even if this was a good idea - but it's not. From your description, I have no idea what the purpose of your blog is, or why you would have tens of thousands of followers, and a high level of engagement. Even so, I see no reason why you would put a link to a single clothing company in every single post in every post. Why would you do that? Not for the money. Even I they offered you more money, what would that do to your traffic, and/or the number of followers you now have. How much is it worth to possibly see a drop in your traffic, along with a(again, possible) loss of followers, because you now have what is essentially an advertisement in every post?
    It all goes back to the purpose of your blog. Would you, as a general rule, put links to clothing companies in your posts, perhaps the maker of the clothes in the pictures? If not, why do it for one? If so, wouldn't limiting yourself to one eliminate the others?