Social Bookmarking

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by sulbha, May 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sulbha

sulbha
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

I have one confusion can I used some fixed bookmarking site list for My daily new bookmarking for a single domain?

2. alishroy

alishroy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, of course you can use.
    But make sure your description will be unique and informative. So that it can drive traffic as well as link benefits to your websites.

3. James4

James4
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No I don't think so. And will never like to suggest to anyone to do this. Some time you can get few traffic from them but it is not good in front view of your domain repo and also for SEO prospective. If you build a number of links from a single domain, Google counts its one. It means Google only give you one time credit for your first.

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I wouldn't recommend you do bookmarking daily, as you would be building links in a way that does not look natural, and you could end up hurting your ranking instead of helping. I also wouldn't use a "list", but would pick a few sites with very good reputations to use, and vary the days that I use them.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Priyanka Sharma

Priyanka Sharma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

you can use same website but in every bookmarking try to write new description and unique title also. you can vote other websites so some else also upvote you. when you got many votes your story will be placed in top or front page of website

6. ellisthomas86

ellisthomas86
    uix_expand uix_collapse

ON a general way if we see then bookmarking is nothing but a social activity. Repeated activity from either way is going to hurt the website ranking. But if you do it from different account and maintain a diversity, then nothing would create a problem. Overall idea is to show Google that it's not only you but public is building link for your website. Now think in a different way and plan up the strategy.

7. peterfarrell22

peterfarrell22
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social bookmarking was best couple of years ago. You can still get benefits of doing social bookmarking, just make sure that you are doing in moderation. Create a web 2.0 site with a high quality blog and then submit that url in high PR SBM sites only.. Remember, quality matters not quantity.

8. chrisjohn93

chrisjohn93
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Using Same bookmarking site for singe domain is not a Good Idea. Try to find out latest and new bookmarking sites for your website. Or try to make relevant and High PR back links for your website.

#8 chrisjohn93, May 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2015
  9. mike_smith

mike_smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Using Same bookmaring site for singe domain is not a Good Idea. try to find the best and high page rank social bookmarking sites and i am sure you can get more back links from there.

10. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I agree with both Chris and Mike, but Mike's idea is better. Just because something is new or "the latest" doesn't mean it's the best alternative. High-ranking sites are there for a reason. They've taken the time, and done what they need to, to become popular and give readers what they are looking for. As a result, links from them are more valuable than the new kid on the block.

• Like Like x 1
    #10 Joseph.Shivell, May 26, 2015
    Last edited: May 26, 2015
  11. CapitalBoosters

CapitalBoosters
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Yes you can use similar SBM site for your different projects but one thing you should consider before posting is that description and titles must be unique, should not be copied from anywhere.

#11 CapitalBoosters, May 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2015
  12. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

As noted above, daily bookmarking on the same social bookmarking sites for the same single website is not a good idea. While it probably won't hurt you, it will be a waste of time and effort. It's better to spend you time getting more natural links from a variety of websites.

13. 60degreeDigital

60degreeDigital
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just a curious case, I wonder whether these sites were actually meant to cater the SEO needs or is it that SEO professionals are over exploiting them. I just came to learn that, because of this backlinks generating phenomena. These sites have mushroomed in thousands.

Some good, some bad & some of no use, but still they exist so as to trick the search engine rankings.

14. sophia ellison

sophia ellison
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, Unique content and description is very important in search engine optimization for better results. Social bookmarking is one of the useful apparatus for promoting the websites. If you want best results then add unique and informative information in social bookmarking sites to promoting your sites.

15. elislayla

elislayla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

StumbleUpon is one of the best traffic generators among the top seven social media sites, referring more than other social bookmarking and voting sites such as Digg and Reddit according to Statcounter.

16. manishsqrt

manishsqrt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

On social bookmarking you shouldn't just bookmark your site, rather you should also share useful or interesting stuffs.Like reddit says, don't just share your site rather sharing other coll things is good.

17. David Warne

David Warne
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I still believe that doing Social Bookmarking is one of the key in improving the traffics of the website and its ranking. e.g. if you would like to rank an Australian SME Business in a certain area.Social Bookmarking could help its visibility and ranking on different search engine.

18. mishraraj2603

mishraraj2603
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    Yes, you can fixed bookmarking site list for your daily new bookmarking for a single domain. But the description should be unique. In one bookmark site you can only allow to submit link one time. You can not submit the same link to same bookmark sites again.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Richard Johnson

Richard Johnson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You need to only use high PR social bookmarking website like reddit, delecious etc. They are good for social bookmarking and can provide good backlinks.

20. Alan Ron

Alan Ron
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social bookmarking is also best way to rank for targetted keywords. I did only 10 bookmark submission per targetted keyword to maintain their ranking. The most important is the description and submission sites. Sites must be high domain authority sites.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.