Social Bookmarking Doesn't Help Me. What about you?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by borgninestallone, Apr 9, 2013.

1. borgninestallone

borgninestallone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For a new site i started doing ON page work vigorously without using black hat SEO. The site started to rank for few keywords in top 10, 20 and 30.

After finishing ON page work i started to focus on Off Page work. I started to use social bookmarking submission for my site to get index as fast. But when i checked after a week for my site keywords which is already ranked by doing ON page is no where in Google.

I could experience only after i doing social bookmarking submission for my site. Since i can't get back my results.

Do you still think that social bookmarking helps in ranking the site

2. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social bookmarking should be combined with other link building methods to be most effective. It is a minor part of my link building. There are other things you can be doing in the same amount of time to maximize the effectiveness of your link building.Social bookmarking like digg and reddit can really make a big difference. They can improve your site's overall rankings.

3. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is really hard to achieve a great rank only with Social Bookmarking. They could help you yes for indexing and extra traffic, maybe forum and article marketing would be better to get a better position in Google.

4. Luraarth

Luraarth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social bookmarking is an easy way to get backlinks to your site. Traffic generation is largely dependant upon the content you post on social bookmarking sites. An appealing title and quality content will help you drive traffic to your website. The more links and bookmarks you submit, the more traffic you will obtain to your site. Inshort Traffic generation is largely dependant upon the content posted onto social bookmarking sites, a prominent title and quality content will go along way into generating a decent level of click through traffic.

5. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social Bookmarking might help you at some extend. Put something that is interesting. Try advertising your site wherever it is possible.

6. spyindiaa

spyindiaa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

there are lot of reasons on which traffic and overall ranking of ur website is depend only bookmarking is not going to help u....

7. lynxus

lynxus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Na, its pretty much useless for me, however I still do it as Google tend to like the links :)

8. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

When I first read your post, the following stood out:

Others have given you some good advice, but one thing you need to remember is that you cannot use getting links as the primary purpose. Submitting an article, guest blogging, and similar techniques the most important point is to engage the reader. You can add links to the content, but providing important, helpful and/or interesting content is the first priority.

If Google likes your links, it's not really useless. Anyway, the same advice I gave borgninestallone applies here. Social techniques are to engage the reader, who may need your services someday, but is not used for an immediate sale. So, someone who becomes a follower on Twitter or "friends" you on Facebook has an interest, and the potential to become a customer or client remains as long as they remain a follower or friend. Therefore, they are not really useless either.

9. Beth

Beth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social bookmarking sites has an excellent marketing qualities, it helps in building relevant links, for drawing a lot of traffic, drawing a new clients or customers etc.

10. alok897

alok897
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social bookmarking website has mainly used to fast indexing of your website and now you can't depend on bookmarking site to rank high your website in search engine.

11. surge

surge
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes it does help to some extend, but i guess it also depends on how many followers you have on the social bookmarking sites, if you have a huge network then they will share your content and thats how it goes viral and you get a lot of traffic and likes.

12. eurekapsycrille

eurekapsycrille
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't use social bookmarking for some time now. But as for my experience, it will not give you any good results anymore since there are lots of spammed bookmarking sites across the internet.

Focus on reach out campaign than getting links from such websites. by reaching out, you will have to write compelling articles, or make a resource blog that provides good information to users that are relevant to your niche.

13. simplyjo

simplyjo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Not sure about ranking but it DOES help me get good traffic to my websites.

14. venumssi

venumssi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

About Social bookmarketing

My dear friend,
    Social bookmarking websites give backlink easily, but it's not too high quality backlink like article submission. Most of the social bookmarking websites have nofollow links, but it's attract more online users to your website. and it's increase crawl rate as well.
    However, your website is starting website, So it's hard to increase seo ranking rapidly due to it's listed in google sand box.
    So focus on other ways also like "article, press release, guest posting, forum submission.......".
    All the best............

15. alexpaul265

alexpaul265
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am also doing Social Bookmarking I have no problem to get ranking, it's fast way to get ranking in search engine but make sure whenever you can bookmark your site it's relevant for your website otherwise it's not working and also don't bookmark in bulk.