Social Bookmarking? Black or White Hat?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by formanllc, Aug 30, 2012.

1. formanllc

formanllc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have heard in a number of these forums about social bookmarking, is it the new directory? Is submitting to digg and pinterest fine or is it a race to how many you can submit too?

Joe

2. Denishverma

Denishverma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social Bookmarks Nevers seems to Blackhat - But if a SEO person do unethical way in submissions then its seems to Blackhat.

Social Bookmarks always effective and white hat process but - we have to work with google guidelines/ rules on social bookmarks and contents.

Cheers !

3. UTMediaGroup

UTMediaGroup
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I do not think that social bookmarking is blackhat. I have used it before and I am against using blackhat.

4. remonray

remonray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

General things like this or small tricks aren't Black Hat as every people try different small tricks to get their better ranked and google understand this.Black Hat generally refers to mass and abusive ways of getting high ranks so social bookmarking can't be Black Hat.

5. printingray

printingray
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social bookmarking on High PR sites is considering nowadays otherwise on 0 PR sites not make effect on the ranking.

6. Business Attorney

Business Attorney
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Social bookmarking itself is white hat but spamming social bookmarking sites with fake accounts is black hat. It's very unsophisticated black hat and probably not worth the time and effort you put into it, but it is still black hat.

7. rudradhar

rudradhar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes Social bookmarking is white hat but spamming the social bookmarking site is black hat. Instead of doing bookmarks in 0 PR sites we should do it in high PR sites. I think having 5-10 backlinks from 0 PR is equal to 1 backlink from 5 PR or higher sites

8. apsarabanu

apsarabanu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi everyone,
    Social Bookmarking is white hat SEO. Infact Bookmarking sites even wont allow duplicate sites to be bookmarked in it..Only unique sites with unique content can be bookmarked..

9. leematagore

leematagore
    uix_expand uix_collapse

seo bookmarking is a purely white hat technique

10. borgninestallone

borgninestallone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social bookmarking is not a black hat SEO tactics. It is one of the off page optimization techniques that can be done for a new site to get indexed as quick as possible in search engines. We can improve the site traffic if we do social bookmarking.

So just pick out the top social bookmarking sites like digg, delicious, stumble upon, facebook, reddit and post some interesting news regarding your site and get votes.