Socal Media - Vital in Promotion?

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by Jay., Feb 11, 2013.

1. Jay.

Jay.
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It seems that recently social networking sites have become extremely important for anyone wanting to do promotion. Any website or business owners on this forum, are you currently using social networks to do promotion, and if so what strategies and techniques are you using?

Thanks,
    Jay.

2. Robin Williams

Robin Williams
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social media has become an important part of life. Even business are using this social network platform to promote their business. It has now become a common base for all kind of brand promotion, brand management, image building, lead generation, etc. Utilizing different tools of social media, we can easily target our audience.

3. Godbac51

Godbac51
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is vital for your marketing strategy if you can make sure it will have enough people on the other site to get you massage. In other case it won't work.

4. eurekapsycrille

eurekapsycrille
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social media platforms have become a good spot for promotion not because it is meant to be that way. It is because they have become a big part of people's lives. And businesses are just taking advantage of it. I am too is engaged through social media promotions to add more exposure for my clients websites.

5. Rocky

Rocky
    uix_expand uix_collapse

When people are spending most of their time online and mostly on social networking websites it is no wonder that businesses are also doing promotion via these mediums. To make sure your message reaches your audience you have to go where they are and where the likelihood of your promotional message being received are high. And hence social media has become important for businesses these days.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wayne Liew

Wayne Liew
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Currently, I'm on a number of social networks of different nature (networking, news and Q&A) and the amount of time I spend on each of them is based on the amount and the quality of traffic that each of them is sending to my website / landing page.

Primarily, I use social networks to reach out to influencers of the particular group or community that I am part of, get them to know me and the website that I am building. Building such relationships has been very useful. Most of them don't result in instant rewards or returns but many of them has brought along relationships that carries a wide variety of opportunities to help grow my websites. Some of them include guest blogging opportunities on bigger blogs, being featured on interviews, sources for useful content and many more.

Different social networks may require different tactics but my fundamental goal is really to build as many relationships as possible and trying to help out the community as much as I can.

7. rank90

rank90
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social Media Platform has a great role in Search Engine Optimization to drive targeted traffic to your site or blog. You can build your own networks at many social media platform as Facebook, Google+, Twitter and Pinterest all are most popular social networks. Many people are around the social networks.

8. Beth

Beth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social media is the modern medium for marketers to get the messages to their audience group. Social media as a medium in marketing is cost effective method. Majority of social media sites are free to access, create a profile and post information.

9. richardw

richardw
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Jay!

As the wise man always says, "why stick to one source of traffic (referring to Google) when you can have many (referring to all other ways)?" Sure enough, ranking on Google is a good way to keep an online business surviving. But what happens when Google dumps your site from the ranks? That's exactly when social media sites and others are helpful. It is highly advised to diversify traffic these days, so when Google turns you down, you'll only be slightly affected by that misfortune. So, am I using social networking sites for promotion? A big yes for that.

10. WebNet Host

WebNet Host
    uix_expand uix_collapse

To use social networking is an important part of off page SEO.

11. angrystone

angrystone
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've seen Facebook being used for customer support, which is really good promotion. People generally don't like waiting on the phone, or for an email, so being able to talk to someone fast on Facebook is a good selling point.

12. TimeRider

TimeRider
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes Jay, Social Media is now what it takes to advertise your stuff. It's because people hang in sites like facebook for like hours. I have seen the advertisement of my friend in social media very effective. So, Yes I would say Social Media is vital in promotion.

13. aaron70

aaron70
    uix_expand uix_collapse

social media have become the part of our life and every one is using it for there own purpose and i think its a very good idea to promote business on the social media because its can give a lot of visitor for our site more over it very easy to promote the products on social media .
    Thanks you all for sharing good information,
    Best regards.
    Aaron.

14. semaphore.v

semaphore.v
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social media sites are the one which connects internet users worldwide in a group.Social media sites play great role for search engine optimization. Besides helping you get quality backlinks, these sites also help you to get ranked well on search engines.

15. kristenhanna

kristenhanna
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You have come to the right decision. Social media marketing gives you a wider exposure for your business products/service. As nowadays many every people have any social networking accounts like Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Google+ and many more. So when you share your business to the social networking sites, your business will reach to many people worldwide. To get into the social networking sites here are some ways to proceed with it.

Start social media integration on your website by placing social media buttons on your website to make people follow.
    If you have an ecommerce store, have social media login, that makes your customers to access your website easily
    Have Facebook recommend button in your ecommerce store that helps to make your customer recommend or refer your business product on their social media wall.
    Start a Facebook business page, share posts, images, videos, useful resource and many more to make your page interactive.

16. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The great thing about social networking is that is really generates interest in your business. The sites enable you to provide regular updates about your business that target vast numbers of people at once; this gives you a massive advantage over other similar businesses who are not taking this action.

17. palacevip6

palacevip6
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social Media has a great role in SEO to drive targeted traffic for your Website or blog. You can build your own networks at many social media platform as Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Link din and P interest all are most popular social networks. Many people are around the social networks.

18. Beth

Beth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social media acts as a platform which allows the organization to improve communication and productivity by disseminating information among the people in a more efficient manner.But there is lot more things you may also keep into consideration, try not to be a show off and don't turn off potentials by stating unwanted statements about where you stand on personal basis unless that's your business model.

19. AnushaJain

AnushaJain
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you gain recommendations on sites such as LinkedIn, this influences people’s initial impressions of you as a person. Perspective clients will take all this information into account when deciding whether or not you’re a person that they’d like to do business with.

20. spyindiaa

spyindiaa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

now a days every one is connected to social media and a lot of people are connected to each other through social media so to promot ur business social media have a vital role ...and if info is reached to one user it can reach to lot of user through that user....