So i have 2 unused domains what to do?

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by sweetdude, Feb 8, 2011.

1. sweetdude

sweetdude
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey there ;)
    I own the domain names freengp.co.uk and freexperiaplay.co.uk, this consoles and mobile phones are due to be released end of this year, therefore i can not really post details how to get get free currently. I do not want them to rot for that time, so i was thinking to create a blog like this sites till release freexperiaplay.net, any ideas what i need to install on to my hosts database (Host gator) to get a similar site like that?
    Cheers

2. junglekid

junglekid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The first thing you need to do is manage the domain servers, pointing to hostgator servers. Then go to Hostgator cPanel, look for "Domains", click on "Addon Domains" and add your domains. Once you've done it, you can install a WordPress blog from your cPanel using fantastico OR go to Wordpress.org, download the latest WordPress version (3.0.5), upload it to Hostgator via ftp and install it. In both cases a MySQL Database is required.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum sweetdude. I'd suggest that the sooner you put sites on those domains and start building a few links to them the better. The sites can just include basic details about the relevant topics and clarify when you will be including full details, i.e. when the products are being launched. The sooner you put your sites up there, the sooner they will be indexed by the search engines and hence the more ready you will be to capitalise on the opportunity once the actual products are released.