Smoking is injurious to health ?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by spyindiaanu, Dec 10, 2013.

1. spyindiaanu

spyindiaanu
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Many time i try to stop smoking but at the presence time i take it,I know it is injurious for health but i can't stop to smoking.....I am addicted.Any thing happen by which i left this bad habit any ideas please share all...

2. OBH-Peter

OBH-Peter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Smoking is really dangerous for health. That's clear.

3. marriott

marriott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You can take advice from a doctor to get rid of this addiction.

4. Timsmith

Timsmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with the answer of marriott but along with that you should join gym because when you join gym you must come across the knowledge of bad effects of smoking and also you convert your mind from smoking to taking many healthy things like fruits,green vegetables and so on.
    The trainer or coach of gym help you a lot to get rid of this bad habbit.

5. Henry Calvin

Henry Calvin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Electronic cigarettes!
    It has helped many people to stop smoking. And there are so many cases of it.

6. tylerjackson81

tylerjackson81
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Really i try to quit smooking but i can't quite smooking.Try nicotine gum because i can't efford nicotine gum.

7. Dexterbell

Dexterbell
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very true, smoking and any type of tobacco consuming is always a non healthy practice for life.

8. bmwillsmith

bmwillsmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree strongly, smoking is a dangerous addiction of human beings which causes to lung cancer and earlier death.

9. marriott

marriott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Smoking is not injurious to the person who is smoking but also to those who are living around him while he is smoking, so i suggest you to stop smoking by taking any steps which are feasible.

10. daniel.stock2013

daniel.stock2013
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you really want to stop smoking make your daily chart in one day start in 5 sticks, cigarette and the second day 4 and so on and so forth until you dint realize that you achieve your goal, try to convince yourself to follow what's on the chart you made this is a self control.

11. Webcs-Peter

Webcs-Peter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I see no use in smoking.
    That's bad and harmful.

12. rinaric15

rinaric15
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes SMOKING IS VERY BAD FOR HEALTH. Every cigarette takes 7 minutes of your life. One thing that i really admire about you is you do want to quit smoking here i did some research for you and i found few tips on quitting smoking.

Tip 1
    Quitting is different for everyone, so find an approach that will work for you. This may be either the cold turkey approach (stopping suddenly and totally) or a more gradual reduction in the number of cigarettes you smoke each day. Set a date to quit — and stick to it. Make it sooner rather than later. If you are quitting by yourself, it is recommended that you stop smoking completely on your quit date.
    Tip 2
    Get as much support as you can from family, friends and work colleagues. Let them know you are planning to quit, and ask smokers not to smoke around you or offer you cigarettes. Quitting with a friend can also be an excellent idea — you can share your feelings and encourage each other.
    Tip 3
    Throw out all cigarettes, ashtrays and lighters and anything else that might remind you of smoking. Wash your clothes and clean your car to remove the smell of smoke.
    Tip 4
    Nicotine replacement therapy, such as nicotine patches or chewing gum, could be a good idea for those who smoke heavily or who feel they may need the extra help. Some products are available on the PBS. There are also oral prescription medicines, such as varenicline (brand name Champix) and bupropion (brand names Prexaton and Zyban) that can help you quit by reducing withdrawal symptoms and the urge to smoke. Talk to your doctor about what would be best for you.
    Tip 5
    Plan ahead for situations in which you are likely to be tempted to smoke, such as parties, drinking or going out for coffee. Try to avoid these situations in the early stages of your quitting programme, or try sitting in the non-smoking section at restaurants, drinking your coffee standing up or with the other hand, or keeping something in your hand when you're talking on the phone.
    Tip 6
    Write down all the reasons that made you decide to quit smoking, and carry them with you in case you need reminding!
    Tip 7
    Keep the following 4 Ds in mind when you have a craving.
    Delay: remember that the worst cravings last for only a few minutes and will become even less frequent the longer you have quit.
    Deep breathe: this should help you relax and focus your mind on something else.
    Drink water: it is a good idea to drink plenty of fluids to help flush the nicotine and other toxins out of your system.
    Do something else: you could go for a walk, to the movies or visit a supportive friend. Try eating an apple or cleaning your teeth when you would normally have a cigarette. You could hold something else, such as a pen or beads, to replace the need to hold a cigarette, or chew some gum or eat or drink a healthy snack to have something other than a cigarette in your mouth.
    Tip 8
    If you drink a lot of coffee, you may also want to cut down on your coffee intake as you will retain more caffeine when there is no nicotine in your system. Feeling jittery will not help your plan to quit. It may also be best to avoid alcohol as many people find it hard to resist smoking when they drink.
    Tip 9
    If you find you are losing motivation to quit, remind yourself of the many medical and financial benefits of quitting! For example, did you know that 12 months after quitting, your risk of heart disease is reduced to nearly half that of a smoker's? Remember the results of the myDr smoking cost calculator to help keep you motivated.
    Tip 10
    Telephone the National Tobacco Campaign's Quitline on 131 848 for more advice and assistance to quit smoking.
    I hope it will help you and everyone in need.
    Above information is brought to you by New York 1st-care optimum home care services agency

13. zunick

zunick
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes really its true that some time smoker leads to such incurable diseases due to smoking & it also effects other surrounding people too.

14. OBH-Peter

OBH-Peter
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I can't get those people who started smoking initially.
    What are the reasons of starting to smoke?

15. magician661

magician661
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It reduces your life obvious it is dangerous

16. Aiplabro

Aiplabro
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Smoking reduce you life and Gives you Cancer.........

17. kaycee

kaycee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Lol! Yes, smoking is really dangerous for health a lot of people use a cigarette is hard to avoid with it. Just need to control yourself.

18. kobyparsons

kobyparsons
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, smoking is very harmful to our health because Tobacco is the single greatest cause of preventable death globally.

19. Clarence.Burn

Clarence.Burn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Try to challenge yourself and make a rule as it needed. Realize that tobacco creates a habit on a variable reinforcement schedule. Sometimes, it gets you high. People smoke long after they have any expectation of getting high. Consider making a list of the reasons you're thinking about quitting to shore up your determination. Be positive and confident that you can successfully quit. Choose a specific quit date. It's better if you survive the first week. Try abstaining from smoking for a month. Do not force yourself to quit, observe yourself and the habit of smoking for a week normally as you usually do. Go to the doctor to help you quit smoking. :D I hope this tip will help you to stop from smoking.

20. hunteryz

hunteryz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Your title should be changed to Smoking is injurious to health !!!!!!