Small time business ideas

Discussion in 'Business Ideas' started by vandana7, Oct 10, 2009.

1. vandana7

vandana7
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think payment of bills, insurance premiums, etc., can be combined as a business. A monthly door to door service would save a lot of petrol expenses, as well as other people's time. Does it sound feasible? What should be the charges in such case?

2. hostsuit

hostsuit
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Dont Know May be $10/hour instead try delivering newspaper

3. andrew201

andrew201
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This could be a great idea,if you pay the bills fot the telephone or any of the expense,by online and you can charge a fee of 2 to 3 % for a payment to your customer.

4. vandana7

vandana7
    uix_expand uix_collapse

thanks for the idea andrew201

Yeah, that is exactly what I wanted to know. Percentage. Based on that I can decide the minimum number of clients required to break even. And I am sure I can make it. BTW we dont have as much of online connectivity as yet out here. So most of the bills, Insurance premiums, and cheques are deposited personally. Then there is the question of paying utility bills, property taxes, etc. Online payments for all this is yet to catch up in our world. That is why I think this business makes sense for now. Thanx a lot once again for letting me know the percentages. :)

5. seanstevens

seanstevens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are handling other peoples money you will need to check with your local authorities as to the requirements. There may be the need to get a license. You will have to build up a lot of trust in your area for people to hand over cheques etc, so maybe an introductory offer of some sort or do this for a select few people for free for a time to build up references

6. Adam

Adam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You may need a licence in order to handle peoples money in the way that you are suggesting. Many huge companies and banks are out there which do this thing exactly and do it to a fine art so you will have alot of pressure competing against these business giants.

Although you idea seems handy, many people would not be certain of handing money to complete strangers, which most would be worried about. Once you gain trust from several clients and ask them to write a testimonial about you, outling if they trust you and their opinion on how you deal with the money. The service will have to be as quick as possible as people will want to use their money quickly and effciently.

7. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

What country are you located in vandana7?

I don't think that type of business would work in Ireland, because people who don't want to take the time to visit a bank or other location to pay their bills, have direct debits or standing orders. Unfortunately I pay lots of bills and every one of them comes out of my bank by direct payment. I don't need to visit anywhere to pay my bills. These payments were all set up using bank forms and did not require online banking. Perhaps things are different in your area?

[Moving thread to Free Business Advice & New Business Ideas forum!]

8. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes, it can be a good business. However, you need to do some research on your town before start this kind of service. If you found most of the person from your town is paying bills online, then you might facing problem on getting customer.

For the charge, different place have to offer different charge. You shall also need to do research before set the price