Small centre

Discussion in 'Starting a Business' started by Call challenge, Dec 8, 2013.

1. Call challenge

Call challenge
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I have been working in call centers for the past 7 years across Europe (UK,Ireland etc) as first level agent in Sales, Customer service,Technical support,Reservation sales. Moved to Training and Quality department at some stage I have seen enough from good to bad companies, small and big companies like Hewlett Packard, Marriott, PayPal and many more.
    After all these experiences i gain i am thinking to start my own small outsourcing call center in Ireland but have no clew how to go about it. What do I need to do license wise, or is there an company to get help and information about this? Please help!:):confused:;)

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Welcome to Business Advice Forum Call challenge, thanks for joining and posting your business questions. I have a background in the call centre industry in Ireland and the UK myself.

First of all I don't believe that you need any licence to start a call centre business. It's not like a pub for example, where you need a special licence before you can trade. Saying that I recommend that you speak to an accountant who can help you with details such as registering a business name or a limited company.

Writing a business plan for your new business would also be very helpful to you, it would give you a lot of clarification as to the direction you would take the business and how you would manage it. Is that something that you plan on doing?

Do you have a strategy in place for how you are going to get your first client or clients?