Small Business for an Electronics Hobbyist

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Jimut, May 4, 2014.

1. Jimut

Jimut
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am a electronics hobbyist, i have an intermediate knowledge on electronics, I want to start a business by opening a tutorial website and as well as diy project tutorials and monetize it by selling electronics stuff that are related to my tutorials and also by adds.
    I want to make a site like makezine.com and newbiehack.com.

Will it be a smart step for me to take as a 19 year old student?
    What are the other options for me as an electronics hobbyist and what will be the smarter one?
    What are my chances to fail?

2. Aleena

Aleena
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi
    I think this will be a great idea and since you are an Electronics Hobbyist you will be able to maintain your business well online. I also like to suggest you to make a small shop and place your created electronic stuff over there so that people would know more about your services, products and projects.

3. lets-build

lets-build
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Jimut,
    How to videos on youtube are definitely are good idea. Maybe start with just making the howto videos then after you've began to get used to it start adding your monetiing ideas to them.

4. Aleena

Aleena
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi
    That seems to be an incredible idea starting through your own YouTube channel you will be able to get leads.

5. Charles.D

Charles.D
    uix_expand uix_collapse

How did you choose your profession? Did you pick a job that you thought would be easy? Or lucrative? Or glamorous? Or, did you pursue a career related to your interests and hobbies? Chances are, you didn’t base your decision on the latter—but you probably should have.

6. lets-build

lets-build
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Keeping with your interests and hobbies is the way to go. There'll always be some way to make money out of it and you'll be 1000 times more motivated to keep at it when things get tough