Sleeping late and waking up early, how to do it?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by ConanLake, Jun 7, 2014.

1. ConanLake

ConanLake
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm a high school student, and I hate sleeping early when I'm not sleepy. I wake up around 6:30-6:40 AM and leave the house at exactly 7:20 to get to school 10 minutes before the 8 o'clock bell rings for first period. I usually take about 15-20 minutes to get ready. So my question is, do any of you sleep really late like me, (right now it's 2:23 am and I'm about to go to sleep) and wake up early? Does it effect you during work or school? And is there any way to still be able to get up early even when you sleep later than usual?

2. kenzo

kenzo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If it's natural for you and you are not sleepy during the day you have nothing to worry about. :) It would be awesome for me if I sleep only 4-5 hours. I'd have more time to spend on something more creative than sleeping ;p

3. carloborja

carloborja
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just do the same thing over and over again. Your body clock will adjust.

By that I mean you wake up at the same time every single day. You will notice that your sleeping will gradually become earlier than the usual.

4. Anahit

Anahit
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I try to compensate my sleep during the weekends by sleeping 12 hours on Saturday and Sunday

5. Mark Bates LS

Mark Bates LS
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah, I'm a person who has never had good sleep habits, I can't sleep for more then 3 or 4 hours at a time. You can adjust to just about anything eventually. Your body will take care of it for you, so I wouldn't make any changes unless you are feeling sluggish or lethargic.

6. 2sharry

2sharry
    uix_expand uix_collapse

only two things can make it happen strict army schedule and alarm function

7. bjdea2

bjdea2
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You need sleep........that's it. I think you need to get more sleep than you are currently getting. 4 hours of sleep each night is not enough for anyone - at least that's my personal opinion. I personally find that a lack of sleep over time clouds your decision making abilities and judgment, meaning you end up getting into a worse place over time. You may feel ok right now but you will incrementally make more foolish decisions and end up worse off in the long run. Its like you will be in a "dumber" state of mind than you would be if you were sleeping properly. Like losing ones wisdom gradually over time.

8. alastairbrian

alastairbrian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It is common to sleep late at night and hardly wake up in the morning - but it is not recommended by the health care consultants.

9. 2bary

2bary
    uix_expand uix_collapse

it is not a matter of quickness it is a result after long practice when you made with your full dedication as mnc's allow their employee to have great streess on getting late in morning may deduct their salary somewhere so they make it to habit to sleep late and wake up early in the morning."Practice makes a man perfect "