SkimLinks

Discussion in 'Announcements Archive' started by Fergal, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'd like to let you know that Business Advice Forum will soon be implementing a service called SkimLinks, which will add affiliate links to some posts on Business Advice Forum. For example if someone posts a link to Amazon.com, SkimLinks may add an affiliate link to that. If a member or guest buys something after clicking that link a small commission will be paid back to Business Advice Forum. The purpose of this is to help generate some revenue to meet the substantial costs of running the forum and for our cash contests.

As always thanks for your valued participation and please do post back with your opinions or feedback.

2. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hmm, with all the banner ads and now the intext ads, can we expect a V.I.P. account of some sort in the future? Maybe one that gives you the option to disable ads for this group, among other things?

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Thanks Jerlene, we have no plans to do that at the moment, perhaps it is something we will do at some time in the future.

4. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it is also a good suggestion to have a VIP/Premium account whereas they can have a no-ads forums plus other benefits. This can also increase the revenue for this forum.

5. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah, I'm sure there are a lot of people on here that would be more than happy to support the forum by purchasing these upgrades.