Site size

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by markuscastellino, Jun 2, 2010.

1. markuscastellino

markuscastellino
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi all

I’ve been building my site since March, with 157 of its 450 pages indexed.

Is it worth going over the 1000 page mark to the 2000 for a good site, or does that make no difference in ranking?

This is ofcourse, with a linking campaign. But is 2000 worth the effort or not?

The additional pages would be guides and articles.

Thanks a lot!

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Having more pages of quality content, can help improve your search engine listings. But the quality must be good, adding poor quality content to your site, can do more harm than good. The answer to your question depends very much on the nature of your site and your specific objectives for that site. Can you please give us a little more info on your site and what you wish to achieve from it?

3. mysandyda

mysandyda
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I don't think that the number of pages influences too much your page rank. What concerns Alexa, it does. I guess it's better have less pages but original and interesting content.

4. zackjeffries

zackjeffries
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Quality is better than quantity when it comes to content. Rest assured, when you balanced both; bigger quantity of quality content (pages) will make Google happy, so it's worth the effort if you take that into consideration. Content is still king.

#4 zackjeffries, Jun 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  5. Adam_Ly1983

Adam_Ly1983
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Before, having more than 1000 pages is ideal. But these days, you can have good site ranking and beat other sites to the first page of search engine results even if you have less than 1000 pages. If I were you, I'd stick more on doing article submissions to article publication sites and back linking.