Site Getting Redirected...

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by GekiDan, Nov 1, 2010.

1. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I am now again facing problems on my blog. I have received reports that there are visitors who experienced redirection to other sites, in which I myself haven't experienced. I have got the similar problem almost a month ago but already fixed it by removing a questionable iframe ad block. I haven't received comments since then, until now.

Is there a way we can check which ad or code is causing the problem?
    Even though I'm using Blogger and have a limited access to the codes behind unless the template codes.

Here is my blog: http://www.jefusion.com/

Do you guys experienced redirection?
    If yes, to what site? From what county are you from? I have a feeling that it only target certain location/country
    since visitors from the Philippines (especially my friends), haven't experienced that.

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

It's opening fine for me in Ireland GekiDan, no re-direction at all.

3. EvanP

EvanP
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

I'm in England, and there is no redirection for me.

4. PaulPinnacle

PaulPinnacle
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No redirection here, but given that I'm in Ireland (same as Fergal) then that's not a surprise if you hunch that the redirect is IP/geo specific is correct.

If you can find someone who is experiencing the redirect it should make it a lot easier to figure out how/why it's happening (e.g. check the headers received to see what response they're getting, use tools like 'NoScript' to disable the advertising JS on the site and activate them one by one, etc.). Chances are it will be related to one of the 'widgets' on the site, but finding which one is easier said than done.

If you can't replicate the issue but have concerns over it and the impact it might be having on your users, worth having a look on the blogger help forum for some assistance. You might be able to find previous threads that are related, but if not putting up a new thread for JEF might be worth a shot.

5. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks guys. Will be posting on the Blogger help forum and let's see if they could find the culprit.

6. Kay

Kay
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Did you ever get to the bottom of that, GekiDan? I'm not experiencing any redirect myself here in the US, btw.

I had a problem before once on mine with redirects. When they searched the site name rather than arriving via a bookmark it took them to a spammy medical site! I'd never have known because I always used my bookmarks. I never found out how that was embedded in my site either but hubby found it and removed it. I just wondered if yours was redirecting to a similar type of site.

7. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Allegedly, it was redirected to various dangerous sites.
    And a few weeks ago, I found out that the script that the web ring I joined is not that safe (via WOT). I removed it asap.
    So far, I haven't received any more reports of redirection.

8. DavidL

DavidL
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Looking good from Australia. Just note changes you have done and when something comes up, you can at least tell what you did prior to any form of malfunction.

9. hcted

hcted
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Perfect here in America :)

10. ledison

ledison
    uix_expand uix_collapse

sometimes redirection happens when use a specific browser or specific version.