sir anyone running a successful company now please give me advice.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by singam, Apr 21, 2011.

1. singam

singam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

What is the role of boss? what a boss do in a company? i know not many people ask this question, but i am not sure what is the role of BOSS:( what a person need to know before he become a BOSS? anyone describe a BOSS job please.

please don't neglect my question, concern and answer sir. thankx in advance

#1 singam, Apr 21, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  2. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

the boss need to know how to make decision and how to get business

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

The role of the boss will depend largely on the size of the company. For example, in a one person business where the boss is the only employee of that business, the boss will be responsible for everything. E.g. in a local plumbing business with a single plumber employee, the boss will be responsible for actually doing the work for his / her clients, billing those clients, looking after the accounts, making tax returns, scheduling the work, making sales / generating new business, advertising, dealing with unhappy customers, etc, etc.

In a much larger corporation such as General Motors for example, the boss' primary responsibilities will be for selecting people for top management roles, approving high level strategy as proposed by senior management and selecting and coaching his / her potential successor.

Did you have any particular size or type of company in mind for your question singam?

4. Casey

Casey
    uix_expand uix_collapse

before becoming a boss, a person should have the skills to manage the staff, to work under presure (sometimes), to take tough decision etc it's all there. As Fergal pointed, it depends on the size of the company.

5. singam

singam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

thankx casey, thankx fergal. i take note on you guys advices.

6. Yanni

Yanni
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Depending on the industry, the role of the BOSS might change as well. For example the boss of a restaurant might be a little different than the role of the boss of a communication's center in India.

7. Alcinda

Alcinda
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Boss need to know how to make decision and how to get business.Before becoming a boss, a person should have the skills to manage the staff, to work under presure sometimes, to take tough decision.

8. timpane

timpane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

much bigger company for example General Motors for demonstration, the boss' prime responsibilities will be for choosing persons for peak administration functions, allowing high grade scheme as suggested by older administration and choosing and coaching