Single Page website SEO

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by jrishi110, Mar 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrishi110

jrishi110
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello all I want to know that is SEO possible for a single page website? Can anyone guide me on how to proceed regarding the same? Kindly give me some tips and tricks to follow while doing seo for single page website. Thanks in advance.[​IMG]

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

You can, but you will be limited in the amount of keywords for which the page would be optimized. I have noticed a disturbing (at least to me) trend in which designers are putting an entire website on a single page, and linking to the different sections of the page instead of different pages. I refer you back to my reply in a similar thread from 4 years ago. No matter how many sections a page has, if the entire website is on a single page, Google will treat it as a single page, and try to find a single category, or keyword, that describes the content of that page.

3. jrishi110

jrishi110
    uix_expand uix_collapse

So what next, should I change the structure of my website or should I continue with the same layout? The client had given more than 50 keywords to target. What should I do? I think I should suggest him a unique page for each products and services targeting the related keywords.What you guys say?

4. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

This beginning to sound suspiciously similar to the previous thread I mentioned in my previous reply. In that thread it was actually two separate people. One member had asked about doing SEO for a single page website, then another member mentioned that he was working on a single page website and the client wanted him to optimize it for - wait for it - 50 keywords! The links to that thread are still live, and the thread is still accessible. Therefore, until I can be reassured that this is actually a legitimate question, I am closing this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.