Simple ways to manage anxiety and stress, simple tips for relaxation?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by bmwillsmith, Aug 12, 2014.

1. bmwillsmith

bmwillsmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If it is a physical problem that can cure by taking rest and medicine but if it is related mind and heart then we have to do something differently and apply methods slowly.

Common ways how we disturb?
    - Unconditional anger
    - Uncontrollable feelings
    - Improper time table
    - Lack of time sense and forward thinking
    - Lack of adaptability of changes
    Say as a scrap: Arguing with girlfriend/wife/husband/boy friend, break ups, job lost, silly discussion causes to serious matters, boss serious, money problems etc.,

How to tackle the stress and how to become relaxed?
    In order to live peacefully we should make our mind and heart balanced all the time.
    Whether it is a happy moment or sad moment say to your mind "Please be patient, think before speak, everything will be okay".
    - Take a deep breathe
    - Talk to your well wishers openly
    - Listen to your favorite music
    - Eat your favorite food
    - Try to change the location, something like a small trip
    - Read your favorite spiritual book

If all the above things doesn't work, just daily spend 30-60 minutes yourself or walk to a long distance, do some physical action. This will avoid unnecessary thoughts, so to a good extent you can avoid stress and pressure.
    Only thing we successfully realize ourselves and do something newly and actively.

2. SConsultant

SConsultant
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The relaxation can be taught, trained and personalised.
    Find your own best practice - worth the effort.
    I usually caress my purring cat :)

3. Aleena

Aleena
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A few years back I had anxiety and depression issue. I visited a very qualified and experienced doctor he advised me a couple of things which I want to share with you all.
    -Avoid taking salt products not completely but mostly or you can say 90 percent.
    -Only talk and meet those people who do positive talk instead of negative talking.
    -Fruits are the best source and medicine that has the power to fight almost every disease.
    -Engage your self only in healthy activities.
    -Set your aim and goal in life
    -For instant depression relief the doctor advised me to do a complete course on breathing exercises he also recommended me yoga on daily bases which gave me the best results.
    If imagine myself then and now I am 100 percent cured and a new person without taking any medicine and all.
    I am happy to share these points and I hope these tips will help those who really want to change their lives.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Clarence.Burn

Clarence.Burn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yoga is also good for relaxation it can help to circulate your blood in mind and relax your body.

5. CloudLIX

CloudLIX
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Runing is also good for relaxation. For me it`s time when I clear my mind, and prepare for a new stressful situation

6. sonewilliams

sonewilliams
    uix_expand uix_collapse

yoga is good for relaxation. then other you can do as listening light music or see the commedy show.

7. FaaastCash

FaaastCash
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well it has become important for each one of us to keep our mind & body relaxed when out of work, but at the time focussed enough to foresee any misdoing.

8. alexfernandes

alexfernandes
    uix_expand uix_collapse

An exceptional approach to releasing stress is Zumba. This fitness program also results in weight loss and improves fitness.

9. saahil2310

saahil2310
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yoga is the best and an effective way to relaxation that helps to reduce stress and anxiety. Yoga keep your mind fresh and calm. For stress relief, listen soft music that you like.
    Connect with friends circle and be happy.

10. bmwillsmith

bmwillsmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You mentioned very good points dear. While doing yoga one should not think about disturbing things.

11. jaynorth

jaynorth
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes stress takes toll on our health, due to which, we many times hurt our loved ones knowingly. The best way to control our anger & stress from work is through diverting mind or attention to useful doing. Also listening good music helps a lot from getting healed from any stress.

12. cmsideas

cmsideas
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do some sports to relax then eat what you like, give yourself a day off to balance everything. These are what I do when I have trouble with stress :) May be it work with you :)

13. bmwillsmith

bmwillsmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Very much useful points you have shared in your response.
    As your doctor suggest we should avoid talking with negative people who always tries to discourage us and who always tries to find the loop holes
    If we want to share our thoughts/plans/goals with negative people they will surely disappoint us without doubt.
    This seems like small thing but spoils our attitude and disturbs our attention.

14. CoolHandCol

CoolHandCol
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I go for a long run. About 20km. It's relaxing because I empty my mind and listen to music. And of course, it keeps me fit

15. bmwillsmith

bmwillsmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Dear friend...
    Running is a good habit tobe active in daily life. I think 5kilo meters is more than enough but you are running 20 kilometers which is too high for any human being.

Anyhow your response is useful to our forum members thanks and keep responding.

16. Glitterz

Glitterz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I found hypnotherapy and NLP to be a good way to learn what was cuasing my anxiety and stress. It also taught me how to deal with it. I would recommend it. Stress and anxiety can be caused by how we perceive a particular threat, and how you react to it determines how it affects you.

17. glennmartin

glennmartin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

when you feeling stress than walk to garden and sit there some time you feel comfortable by the open atmosphere.

18. tunescool

tunescool
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i used to do a thing to focus and relax. i would lay down and start by focusing my attention on my feet, like "relax feet, relax feet". then i would work my way up my body to my lower legs, thighs and so on. i felt, wherever i was on down, very relaxed and in my mind as well

sounds goofy but it worked

19. Maryjohnson1555

Maryjohnson1555
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Some of best techniques to overcome stress

1.Breathing meditation for stress relief
    2.Progressive muscle relaxation for stress relief
    3.Mindfulness for stress relief
    4.Yoga and tai chi for stress relief
    5.Visualization meditation for stress relief

20. Istimah

Istimah
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You're right! Even I do Yoga and it makes my body so light and my mind so fresh. Love Yoga :D