Silent Partners

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Willfields, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Willfields

Willfields
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If i have a patented idea, which will bring in lots of money. Can I be the silent partner???? The merit of my partnership being that it's MY idea?

If so what sort of % am i looking at reasonably getting??

Also where do i go to find interested businessmen to pledge my idea to? is there a good website or some other avenue where people with money who want to make MORE money go to for ideas?

2. Gary Barzel

Gary Barzel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Being a silent partner generally means that you are an investor who does not have any management responsibilities but you provide capital and share liability for any losses experienced by the entity. What you can do perhaps is license your idea. Licensing is simply the process of selling your idea to a company that will develop it fully, taking on all the business-related tasks that launching a new product involves. with licensing you can enter into an agreement with the company that they will pay you a royalty each time they sell the product. I ought to warn you though that it is extremely difficult to sell ideas contrary to what people believe, so even though you may have an amazing idea be prepared to be turned down.