Should we Include Pricing on Website - (Even Though Everything is Customized)

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by LindseyInteract, Oct 24, 2015.

1. LindseyInteract

LindseyInteract
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hey Guys, I am not here to promote any of my services, actually I am here to more do a bit of research as we are looking to make some changes to our website and want to get our customers feedback.

We are an Internet Marketing Company and we currently offer things such as SEO, Social Media, etc. We currently don't have our prices listed on our website for the simple fact that we build customize marketing campaigns based on our clients individual budgets, we don't do "Premade Packages". However, we are debating rather or not we should put up "Recommend Budget Spends" or things like this on our website, as we feel that some customers want to at least get an "idea" of what they may be looking to spend, what is recommended, etc.

What are your thoughts? Should we put recommend budgets for different scenarios? Should we just not have ANY pricing on there? or should we try to put like "Buckets of Hours" for a set price so customers can see some sort of pricing points online?

You can take a look at our site here (www.lindseyinteractive.com) and browse and see how we don't mention anything of our service pricing currently.

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

You have a wide variety of services, some of which could have a wide variety of prices, so it may not be possible to provide a "recommended spend" for enough different scenarios. If you have a sufficient number of actual estimates, you might be able to provide a range within which your potential client's budget would fall. The other problem is that potential clients call to set up a consultation. You do have a "monthly budget" field on your contact form, but that covers every service you offer, with no indication how much each service would cost - of course that wouldn't be possible on a basic contact form. We provide three basic services - SEO, PPC, and Website Design/Re-Design. For our SEO services, we have four price ranges, so the prospect can choose the range their budget fits into. For PPC, we do have a price list based n the PPC Spend. For Website Design, we have four basic types. each with a starting price, to give the prospect an idea of what their budget can buy them. We also have a detailed submission form for Website Design as well.
    In your case, you could possibly mention a "starting at" price for each service.

3. BA

BA
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

The site looks nice and professional but the question everyone is thinking is "How much". When all I see is a drop down listing how much do I want to spend. It doesn't really motivate me to fill out the form.

Since your packages are completely custom maybe you could just have ranges for prices. From $99-$299 per month for XYZ service.
    -Or have a special such as "$99 for the first month of PPC services"
    -Or combine some of your most popular services into a packaged deal for only $499 per month.

Give your potential prospects an idea of your prices and a reason to call you by offering a special deal of some kind.

Another thing I see is there is no call to action. Nothing is motivating me to pickup the phone. What if your form had a much stronger call to action something to the effect of...

"Fill out this form to schedule an absolutely free 20 minute strategy session with Joe Smith. Joe will give you his absolute top notch advice on how you can take your online advertising efforts to the next level. With his 15 years experience Joe will give you actionable advice you can immediately start applying to your business. Joe's time is limited and scheduled time slots fill up fast so register today for your free strategy session!"

With this approach you can get them on the phone so they can start to know, like and trust you. Also, offer them some valuable information up front with the intent of converting them to a customer.

• Like Like x 1