Should pricing be mentioned in the pamphlet for my business?

Discussion in 'Traditional Offline Marketing' started by vho204, Sep 6, 2011.

1. vho204

vho204
    uix_expand uix_collapse

My business partner and I are starting a home management company that is geared towards people who go on vacations/business travel. Essentially, we will be checking up on your home while you're away.

Him and I do not see eye to eye on the issue of pamphlet design. I believe that we should include pricing information within the pamphlet, as our target market will be the older generation (35-65). While this group is comfortable with using the internet (our website) to obtain pricing and package information, I believe they'd prefer "the good ol' way" of having a hard copy for referencing.

My partner, on the other hand, wants to use the pamphlet to have people visit our website and call in, and have no pricing information within the actual pamphlet. I believe his strategy would be better for a retail store, tatoo parlor, plastic surgery, etc.

To all the business backgrounds out there, which strategy is more appropriate for our market?

Thanks!

2. Valentine

Valentine
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well,it depends.the issue of pricing is a little pschological.a lot of high priced items are left out of pamphlets to avoid discouraging clients.also some people prefer to receive interest first then probably negotiate price.since the price is affordable,i would say you place it.it helps to ensure you receive calls from only those who are interested in what you have to offer and can afford it.you will have demand not wants.

3. pingpipe

pingpipe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I believe that in your market niche your potential clients would be first interested in features and benefits, I would stress that in the pamphlet and encourage them to call or email for your current pricing, maybe include something like "Our clients are amazed at how affordable and valuable our service is ! " (or something similar) You should consider the possibility that your pricing may change before you run out of pamphlets...I've seen this happen with companies before, causing them additional expenses to re-print.

4. Peter Birganza

Peter Birganza
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi,
    It depends on business to business. I strongly do agree with pingpipe that in a niche market it is not requires that you also put prices in pamphlet. Customer`s focus is on features and offers that you are offering. So, I would not recommend you that you place prices of products on your pamphlets.

5. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

if you concider haggling clients, i suggest not to put it. i agree that you should stress it in the pamphlet to let them call