Should I use short or long urls on Social sites

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by James12smith, Dec 20, 2013.

1. James12smith

James12smith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello,

I have one question. Should I use short or long URLs when submitting my blog articles to social bookmarking sites?

If I keep submitting them every two days, does Google penalize my sites for submitting the same social sites every day, like Facebook, google plus?

If yes, should I use short urls instead?

Thanks.

2. ReviewsThatStick

ReviewsThatStick
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think its good to send long urls on social bookmarking sites. Especially if its targeted on a certain topic or niche. If you are sending them every two days, then you can vary from short to long urls. If you can make some variations of your urls then it's all good.

3. Priyanka Sharma

Priyanka Sharma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You may be use short url to share your website on socil media like twitter and facebook. To shorten url used goo.gl or other url shortness services

4. jeremy

jeremy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Keep linking from same domain will reduce the link juice passing, Google will auto consolidate the number of link juice from same domain. It is fine to submit any number of links, but keep it relevant to visitors.

5. marriott

marriott
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Social sites like twitter or Facebook have a limit of URLs. If your url is very large then we can use short url to post on social sites and I think most of the people do this.

6. Timsmith

Timsmith
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Its fine to use short url because mostly many person do this and some times social websites do not accept long url so short url is best on these websites.