Should I stick with the same products or different?

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by Adam, Nov 17, 2009.

1. Adam

Adam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Heya.

Im used to selling ipod and iphone accesories on ebay for quite some time now, basically since ive started on ebay and was just asking myself this question the other day...

Should I stick selling ipod and iphone accesories? as i know where to get them from, suppliers etc and know what prices they should sell for.

Or should i go into a different market, such as mobile accesories?

or sell both?

If you could cast your opinion, id appreciate it

Cheers
    Adam

2. BenjaminCip

BenjaminCip
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Adam,

If you already make profit from selling both ipod and iphone accessories, I see no point in venturing yourself trying to sell different accesories...

However, It's always good to try and sell new products, nothing ventured, nothing gained as they say.
    I have been selling some products I wanted to get rid of on Ebay, so I never really had problem with selling them.

I have learnt from some videos how to buy and sell products on ebay without finding suppliers...

I had a list of best selling products on ebay, and one of them was indeed ipod and iphone (including accessories).

If you want to make more profit and like to take risk, you should follow your instinct and try to sell new products. You could also open a blog, using the phpbay plugin to promote ebay products without risk and make money from it.

Create about 10 differents online shop with ten different kind of products and check which one work well for you. That's certainly the best way I know to find out which products you can sell, without loosing money using the EPN affiliate program.

3. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Adam if you are broadening the range of products you are selling I'd suggest selling products that are related to what is already working for you. Branching into other mobile products is a great idea, or you could consider selling other Apple related or music products.

As you already have a customer base, it might be an idea to consider other products that your customers are buying from eBay. Can you find this out by looking at their previous feedback? If a lot of your customers are buying a particular product or product range that would be a great place to start.

As always try to keep your initial order commitments low, until you are confident that you can sell your new products in reasonable quantities, so that you are not left with stock that you cannot sell.

[Moving thread to Online Business forum!]

4. muqtada123

muqtada123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello Adam, why dont you try to build up your own identity in the market selling phone stuff, sticking at this point where you suggestions to move further, i think now you are enough capable to build up your own website and start selling your products there and soon you will see different results.

5. Adam

Adam
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Thanks to all but to Ben especially for a very detailed post.I think I'm going to keep sticking with iPod related items for now as I enjoy selling them. I may get odd tester items along the way, to see if they sell.

6. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Go ahead for more, dont stick on only same product if your earning can still be improved. You may try out different product, then only you can compare the revenue. After that, you can focus on the higher revenue products.

7. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Adam, as far as ebay is concerned, it's better to have more products on a different variety but still considered as phone accessories. Why don't you try to sell one or two products first and let's see if people will like to buy it or not? This could be your testing stage. If it doesn't got sold, then it's ok since it's only a small amount. If it's sold, the better.