should i pay money for facebook ADDs......?

Discussion in 'Social Media for Business' started by stella123, Oct 10, 2011.

1. stella123

stella123
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi......

i am planning to go for social media advertising, because my cost to promoting my products is keep on increasing, some one advised me to go for social media advertising, basically in Facebook, twitter, my space, link din etc. so i just want to know, do i need to pay money for this advertisements

2. 50Cent

50Cent
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah you have to pay for those ads spaces i guessed. You just have to click "Create an ad" then follow all the instructions in it and it will eventually lead you to the payment section once you entered all your details if i am not wrong. Because in the past i clicked it before and i forgotten it already.

3. firstchoicecar

firstchoicecar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

All I know is yes,It's about in your agreement with the site and how is the advertisement.

4. Sahil

Sahil
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It works similar to Adwords, if I am not wrong and they have options to set CPC like Adwords only. But, the thing is they does not work well. The traffic of Facebook does not converts well but if you tweak with it that can work well for you. Also, you should consider doing a bit of research like what kind of traffic your site requires. If your site if for age group around 20+ age people then this can work well for you.

5. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Facebook ads is actually good and the price is much cheaper than Adwords. Try it out to get know on the result especially you targeting teens market.

6. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Personally, I don't think that much people who use facebook click the ads :/

They go on facebook to chat with friends, not get redirected to another site. Although I only clicked 1 ad before because it appealed to me a lot.

7. MrPolarZero

MrPolarZero
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Give it a try. I'm sure its worth it. Millions use Facebook after all.

8. luch

luch
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think it would be better to do a promotion along with your FB Banner ads. This way, your banner will create curiosity and get more possibility of getting clicked. Maybe you could run a short sale on your products.

9. James Greg

James Greg
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree. With facebook open I don't look around too much. Just do my work and then log off. I don't remember clicking on an ad in all these years I've been using facebook.

10. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Dont assume that yourself alone can represent whole the world. Many people dont click ads but still have many people clicks ads. it same happen to adsense or other ads, i believed that you dont click them too but adsense/adwords are getting millions click per day in total.

11. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Have you ever tried having a Fanpage instead? I mean, it's a free source of traffic if done right.

12. Andym

Andym
    uix_expand uix_collapse

The success of Facebook ads mostly depends on the nature of your business or service or product. Eg. A company selling industrial equipments Fasteners, Gaskets, Bolts etc is likely to fail in their FB ad campaign. So you have to identify and understand your business compatibility with social media.

• Like Like x 1
  13. sigma

sigma
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I agree with you. Facebook ads is very powerful on those entertainment, game or similar niche

14. Gary Barzel

Gary Barzel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I wouldn't say that's always true. In the example you gave for instance, if someone owns a hardware store chances are they have a FB page, and if you target them properly it can help get you more customers.

15. Dorfy

Dorfy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've never clicked on an ad in a website ever, if I want to buy something I google it.
    I started my own group on Facebook to compliment my forum, it gets daily updates and has got me one forum members from 182 in the group, a lot of work for a small return.
    My advice would be that if you use this method, make sure you are really targeting the right audience.

16. JPM

JPM
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well I wouldn't be so sure about that. The only way Facebook make money is from advertising, take a look at this article on BI.

17. Shahrier

Shahrier
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm not saying that people 100% won't click them. It's just that majority of the facebook users who go on, don't click many ads.

Also, JPM, you pay facebook per ad and how long it will be, not how many clicks, so of course they'll make a lot of money.

But, they do have a good advertising system because it tracks down what your interests are and then advertises it to users who have interest in that niche.

18. miketaylor

miketaylor
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes i agree with you,facebook ads is actually good and the price is much cheaper than Adwords.its is very powerful way to promote social media advertising.
    thanks.

19. steve1981

steve1981
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes you do have to pay for Facebook ads but in my opinion you should spend that amount on Google or Yahoo paid search as you will get more potential customers from them rather than Facebook.

20. HariPriya1

HariPriya1
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I think so its your own stuff, if you pay means they will publish your add but its not conform whether you get business or not..