should i outsource HR & Promotion of newly launched business to JSM Firm??

Discussion in 'Legal and HR' started by LaurieK.Schmid, Apr 21, 2015.

1. LaurieK.Schmid

LaurieK.Schmid
    uix_expand uix_collapse

i launched my start-up business last week with few clients, initially i am doing all activities by myself. but i wan to focus more on customers so i am thinking to outsource promotion activities. i also want to hire some staff.

i don't have any experience of HR & Marketing, so i am thinking to outsource these tasks to someone, Michael Todd (JSM Consulting) appears an affordable solution to me.

please answer my two questions:
    1. Should i outsource these tasks or try to learn and do them by myself?
    2. Micheal Todd (JSM Consulting) is trust able or not?

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

You did not say where you are from, so I searched "JSM Consulting"and found out that they are not accredited by the Better Business Bureau(in the US), and I also found a complaint about them on Ripoff Report. I also found a listing on Citysearch where most of the current reviews are useless, short, sentences of a few words, and a bad review from a few months ago.
    If you do decide to outsource, I would not recommend JSM Consulting.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ellisthomas86

ellisthomas86
    uix_expand uix_collapse

At the initial stage outsourcing is not at all recommended. Preferably I would opt to go with doing it personally and apparently when the output started to come, then with the growth people gets hired followed by smooth running of the company.

• Like Like x 1
  4. MahaKarthi

MahaKarthi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Since you are a start up, you should hire by yourself and consider handling the promotions by yourself for at least a while. I understand that it is difficult to do everything by yourself. You could probably use some internal help from your staff for scheuling interviews and so on. But your involvement would be the best I feel.

5. MatthewOlszewski

MatthewOlszewski
    uix_expand uix_collapse

If you are thinking about developing your business, and that you will have more benefits if you were focused on a particular thing, you should outsource other duties. I think, sooner or later you'll have to do this, if the business will continue to grow.

6. katherine Jennings

katherine Jennings
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No doubt outsourcing is a good option to cut cost and add effectiveness to your operations. As your business is newly launched , so outsourcing your HR & Marketing operations to a professional BPO providers will certainly help your business to keep pace with competitive market.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Stef

Stef
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I would give it a shot yourself first. If you really see you aren't good in that field or you don't like doing it then I would indeed consider of outsourcing it. ;)
    But for marketing, just use your imagination. Make your fantasy and imagination do the work for you to do marketing. Just try things, if something doesn't get you any customers, just move on to the next idea you came up with in your imagination. ;)

- Stef

8. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Although outsourcing may be a good idea, the particular firm mentioned by Laurie in her original post does not appear to be a reputable one. If she does decide to outsource, checking out the firm and online reviews would be a priority, to make sure whatever firm she hires is reputable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Nancy Olson

Nancy Olson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

At the initial stage consider most of the business problems personally as you cant trust people specially when your are a start-up. But sooner or later when the business will grow you have to hire outsource.