Should every Web Hosting company have staff?

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by Ricus, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Ricus

Ricus
    uix_expand uix_collapse

In my opinion it does not really matter how much staff the web hosting company has employed as long as I am able to get quick support whenever I need it. Of course I request staff once my websites are hosted at larger companies, such as 000webhost.com .

2. pandaa

pandaa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah, I think so. Even smaller companies like Believe Hosting have other staff. One person can never be expected to do all the work, plain and simple.

3. noreturn

noreturn
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yes I think that all hosting company's should have staff because, it makes customer support, planned updates, and all the issue they may need to help fix. If they dont have staff and are a single man operation it makes it harder then needed. I think there is a point when there is to many staff but every hosting company in my opinion should have 2 or more staff to help with the problems they or their customers may face.

4. schumannrober

schumannrober
    uix_expand uix_collapse

as far as i think,,, yes....

5. smartkathy

smartkathy
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yeah absolutely right hiring different staff for different work is good for a company. One person can not do multi task properly.

6. patrick.s

patrick.s
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Of course they should.
    Every host should have at least a few staff to handle each operation so that it's easier for everyone else.

7. GeekGhost

GeekGhost
    uix_expand uix_collapse

One person may be able to handle it at first but it doesn't lend itself well to growth. A hosting company should have staff in place or a concrete plan to accommodate growth. Otherwise, you'll get crushed by that growth. I've seen many one person operations fail due to this.

8. fayt

fayt
    uix_expand uix_collapse

It depends, the more employees means the higher cost to you. So you have to weigh out the price vs staff reaction time.

9. sambling

sambling
    uix_expand uix_collapse

A good hosting business will have someone else helping out. I have Haze as a co-owner to help out when I am not around or am busy. :D

10. jackjohan7299

jackjohan7299
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Staff is required for all the companies and it is the base point of any company so i think staff is required for web hosting company too.