Short URL services blocking affialite links?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by daytrader, Mar 16, 2013.

1. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I've just encounter someone in a forum and they were telling me that these shorten url sites are blocking affilaite links. I'm certain you guys must you using some of them but are they really blocking affiliate links?

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I'd be very surprised if they were, one of the reasons people use short url services, is so that they can include their affiliate links. I'm not sure why a short url service would block those links and hence reduce how useful their service is. Wouldn't this be very easy to test? Just enter an affiliate link into the short url service and then test the link to see if the long version still contains your affiliate id?

Some forums don't allow their members to post short urls created by those services, is it possible that's what your friend was referring to?

• Like Like x 2
  3. LiquidServe

LiquidServe
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Probably u could use adf.ly to shorten your urls as they don't mind affiliate links!

4. daytrader

daytrader
    uix_expand uix_collapse

No. They were talking about short url sites blocking affiliate links. I was just curious becuase I now don't earn much through my affilaite links even when it my site rank high. The iste use to earn 5 to 8 sales a day now I just get 1 or 2. I was thinking maybe this is the reason.