Shopping cart switch question

Discussion in 'Website Development & Design' started by lisa, May 29, 2009.

1. lisa

lisa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi everybody!

I'm currently using xtCommerce and want to upgrade it to Zen cart. Maybe someone has had similar experience. Maybe moving to zencart from some different shopping cart. Would be interesting to know about your experience. Maybe you can suggest me some tool or service that will make it easier.

Thanks!

2. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Hi Lisa, welcome to Business Advice Forum and thanks for asking your question.

You could try this shopping cart migration service. Please note that I haven't used it myself, so I can't give you a personal recommendation.

Good luck with it and please let us know how it works out for you.

3. Nazreen

Nazreen
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Welcome to the Business Advice Forum Lisa.

Yes, the Shopping Cart Migration, Cart2Cart mentioned by Fergal above might just make this migration easier for you. I've checked the site and Cart2Cart supports both xt:Commerce and Zen Cart.

Why do you want to migrate and change your xt:Commerce Lisa? Is it because of your growing number of customers that it's no longer able to support this?

4. lisa

lisa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Fergal and Nazreen - thank you both for replies. I will definitely check out this shopping cart migration service and see how well it works for me. I will let you know how it goes.

Nazreen - yes it's one of the main reasons i want to switch. And the other reason is that xtCommerce is not that developed lately comparing to Zen Cart other shopping carts.