Shipping stickers

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by isaiddurazoo, Dec 18, 2011.

1. isaiddurazoo

isaiddurazoo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hello I'm young and new to the business world, so far this is what I have done, www.illshift.com a facebook page http://www.facebook.com/illshift and I have been selling 19inch stickers in my community with my logo on it and working with adsense. Any tips for the overall site? And also I will be making 7 inch stickers soon so I can ship them in envelopes so I can sell them on the site. I know absolutely nothing about shipping but I'm guessing write an address put a stamp on it and send it. Also the sweaters are being sold through printfection, it works as an affiliate program I make 4 dollars everytime I sell an item. I definitely feel like I am losing. Like I said I'm young and very new to this but I'm willing to listen, I really enjoy this. Any advice?

2. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

I went to the website, and was confused about what it is you actually do. Although you have a "Shop" link on the home page, it took awhile to figure out I had to click on the sweatshirt to get to the actual page to buy the clothing. That means you have two strikes against you - your visitors will be confused about what you do, and navigating to the page where you sell the clothing is also confusing. Anyone who does come to the site, therefore, is more likely to get frustrated and leave the site.
    You also mentioned stickers. Are you selling the 19 inch stickers on the site? If so, where?
    Also, your "Shop" link, goes to a page that then links to the store, which is actually a separate website. The "Shop" section should be part of the overall website, rather than a separate page, to make it easier to get from the "Shop" to another part of the site, and back again. Again, easy navigation is the key - you don't want to make it difficult for visitors to navigate through the site.
    You need to have a clear idea of what you want the purpose of the website to be, and make it as easy as possible for visitors to fulfill that purpose.

3. isaiddurazoo

isaiddurazoo
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I want the website just to stand for a lifestyle, the love we have for cars in general. Yes those are all things I would love to fix, but before that I need to figure out how to ship things. If I learned to ship I could setup a google checkout store maybe of clothes made by an embroidery here in my hometown? I have not put the stickers up for sale on the website because I don't know how I would go about shipping huge 19 inch stickers, that's why I have only been selling locally.

4. DaveB

DaveB
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Hi Isaid,

If you want to figure out the best way to ship the stickers is to go to your local Unites States Postal service with one of the stickers (try to find the quietest one and the best times to visit in your area - should be 2 or 3 to pick from) and ask them the best way to ship it and how much will it cost. I checked out your website and you may want to make some upgrades. How much are each of your stickers? Do you plan to come out with other designs? s this like a car club? What is your hometown? You may want to check the site out below for a pretty cool wordpress store/shopping option.

http://www.woothemes.com/woocommerce/

Anyways best of luck and keep us posted on your project and how sales are going. A lot of good advice from joeroxx also and I would listen to his advice as well.

5. marketing3

marketing3
    uix_expand uix_collapse

For the purpose of making shipment you have to contact with an effective and the best shipping company like DHL or someone else......... DHL is providing effective shipping facilities at low rates....

6. paul01

paul01
    uix_expand uix_collapse

You need to have a clear idea of what you want the purpose of the website to be, and make it as easy as possible for visitors to fulfill that purpose.