Sexy Business Makes More Money

Discussion in 'Growing and Managing a Business' started by armanvakili, Jan 25, 2011.

1. armanvakili

uix_expand uix_collapse

Jan 6, 2011
    So this idea of using sex in marketing and advertising campaigns has been around for a good few decades.

Major corporations have realized that using our most basic animal instinct - wanting to find a mate - is a great way to attract attention to a new product launch. So they do whatever they can, sometimes taking the classy approach and sometimes just being down right skanky... but in either case, they've succeeded at achieving their original goal... to attract attention.

Now, being that this idea is so effective... why not use it for small business?

With the leverage that the internet offers, you can create a pretty decent ad for your business and post it for the whole world to see.

I created a video about this subject and it's gotten some good feedback so far. Don't worry I'm not trying to sell you anything... it's pure content and you can find it on my blog.

Here's the link for the video... Sexy Business Makes More Money Video

Check it out and let me know what you think... you can leave a comment on the blog post itself. It'll help me look better in front of Google if you do. :p

And if you can think of any way to apply this idea of sexual advertising to your business, I say try it.

You have to be careful where you apply this idea but for the most part, it works. Sex has been used to sell anything from burgers, to jeans, to cologne, to domain names. ;)

Alright I'm out for now... looking forward to reading all the comments.
  2. DaveScotford

uix_expand uix_collapse

Jan 17, 2011
    It's a shame that it's often 'sex that sells' more than substance. I've done a lot of work in the music world and now of course with Failing Rose in building up as a clothing brand and image seems to be becoming more and more important.

I'm putting together a photoshoot for next week so it's an issue I'm facing!! :)