Setting your goals

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by evega105, Mar 5, 2015.

1. evega105

evega105
    uix_expand uix_collapse

From time to time I've seen and heard people setting goals, some people even set a new goal every week because they can't keep up with the ones they already set. You know what happens? Those goals that your are setting are just mere dreams to you. If you want to accomplish those goals write it down and set a time limit towards how much time you got to complete that goal and take ACTION. Taking action is the most important thing to accomplish a goal, you also need to believe, and have a vision. You need to breathe it, you have to see yourself in that particular scenario, you can't just dream having a vision is more important. If your goal is to lose weight, becoming a millionaire, being a better you, working out more, etc. That goal can be anything but the process is not easy, if you fail don't punish yourself and stop, get up and try again. When you fail use it to your advantage, failing does not make you a failure, we are taught that failing is bad but failing is good. The more you fail the more you learn, so I welcome failure but learn and progress. Another thing you need is to have patience it's not all going to go according to plan, is not going to happen as quickly as you want it to happen but you need to have patience. One last thing stay focused, where are you going with your life? why are you doing this? focus on the why's. Figure out those why's and it will be easier, use those why's to motivate you.

2. MattPel

MattPel
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice post! I find that the best way to set good goals is by using the SMART principle. (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Relevant, and Time-bound)

3. glennmartin

glennmartin
    uix_expand uix_collapse

As I think Goal setting is a powerful process for thinking about your ideal future, and for motivating yourself to turn your vision of this future into reality. Whether we have small dreams or high expectations, setting goals allows us to plan how we want to move through life. Some achievements can take a lifetime to attain, while others can be completed in the course of a day.

4. MatthewOlszewski

MatthewOlszewski
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Unfortunately, many people have a problem with taking action in order to achieve their goal. I also had a problem with it. Currently I'm trying to do what gives me satisfaction and achieve the goals that are particularly important to me. As a result, at the beginning I have enough motivation to act.

5. James Parker

James Parker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Completely agree with all of your views guys, nice post.

6. mjhaider78

mjhaider78
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Setting goals is very important, I completely agree with your post. This is also not one of my practice for which I feel bad.

7. abby

abby
    uix_expand uix_collapse

setting Goal will help to show where i am. But if don't have goal it like horse doesn't has the bar on nose. (don't know technical term).

8. CloudLIX

CloudLIX
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Setting goal is a life engine, and then you reach it, you are happy :)

9. chad23

chad23
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Nice highly-motivating post. Nice words. I consider to be successful, it is very important to plan each day and set goals clearly. It will help to make rational use of time and efforts. A certain amount of time should be given for achieving of each particular goal. I believe that perseverance and dedication to goals will always be rewarded.

10. digitizedarts

digitizedarts
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I like your post.. Totally agree.

11. LogansWalk

LogansWalk
    uix_expand uix_collapse

This. So many people set themselves up for failure by setting unrealistic goals, but worst of all, not taking action to make their dreams reality.

12. robertmiker

robertmiker
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Really nice information and your views guys, I am really glad to know about this stuff.

13. Kevin Peter

Kevin Peter
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Banned

Most important is to stick on and adhere to the goal. Diverting away slightly does make it difficult for any one to get it back right on track!