setting targets for your blogs

Discussion in 'Self Improvement and Being Successful' started by aprilsagar, Feb 23, 2008.

1. aprilsagar

aprilsagar
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Do you set definite targets for your blogs?I have started that past 3 months and have fared well.I set a target of 100 Unique visitors through search engines(only google) and glad to know that i receive about 125-150 UV everyday from google search engine.Time period was 2 months.Not a bad target for a newbie like me?what say?whats your target?

2. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

For any project you do you should set targets, the key is to set them to be attainable. Like your goal of 100 UVs per day. Congrats and beating your goal, time for a new one.

3. ianbyc

ianbyc
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Wow, congratulations. That's quite a feat in itself. I have a brand spanking-new blog too, and my target is to earn money with it before the domain name expires. My aim is to earn at least $100 or more to kick-start and support my blogging passion.

4. BlueEew

BlueEew
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Setting targets in advance are great. I do them. This way you feel you have achieved something. You don't feel that if you don't ever plan targets. Keeps you motivated.

5. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

I like the way your target for your blog is very clear and specific April. You focused on achieving a certain amount of unique visitors per day within a certain time frame. I like this because you didn't confuse it with other issues such as selling ad space or getting comments. It is generally not a good idea to overburden a blog with ads until you have it up and running for some time with regular visitors and good traffic levels.

6. Jenson

Jenson
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I just started mine a month ago. I haven't reach my target of expectation to have at least 50 unique visitors a day but I'm still working on it. So far I'm relying solely on Adsense for the revenue but that is too little to count. Maybe I will include affiliates as well so that there are more possibilities to monetize the site.

7. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Good luck Jenson. Make sure to do your research on picking products well.

8. Thanoz

Thanoz
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Well, you have definitely set nice and correct targets to manage to get so many uniques just one search engine only!Congratulations!
    Suppose you get and a fair amoun of money from CPAs and CPMs?

9. BlueEew

BlueEew
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I guess when I release my first blog. I will be tring to gain 100 uniques. After that I will double it. I will keep going. I will plan targets before I start, however for now that's a rough idea I have.

10. pendelton

pendelton
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

You got that right Blue. Keep in mind that if you do not hit a target it is not the end of the world. Try out figure out why though. Was it something you did or was it something beyond you control?