Serious or not?

Discussion in 'Making Money Online' started by sunflogun, Jul 28, 2015.

1. sunflogun

sunflogun
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Whenever I see a new site I always check for a couple of things before deciding to work for them. One, what's the withdraw limit? If it's too high, forget it. Second, how do they pay and how long does it take? I am mainly interested in Paypal, so if it something I am not interested in, why work?

Finally, I look online for a review to see if people are actually getting paid.

What about you?

2. Corzhens

Corzhens
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Same here, the first thing I look in a site is how to earn and then how to withdraw. I remember my writer friends who told me that one site pays although there is a waiting time of 1 month. And then that waiting time was increased to 2 months. Why would I let them hold my money if indeed I had really earned it for myself? Earning sites now usually pay within a day or 2 so those sites are the real ones. And if the revenue share is not clear or discretionary on the part of the site admin or owner, beware.

• Like Like x 1
  3. kaian

kaian
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Before when I was just starting I tend to try almost every opportunity that came. It was part of my learning experience without which I would not be able to tell now which is the legit or a waste of time. It is easier for me to receive payments using Paypal so just like you that is one of my main considerations. If the task requires more than what it pays me then that is a NO.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Redd

Redd
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Any new sites I'll always avoid. There could be numerous positive reviews posted all over the net but one thing I know about some of these sites is that they don't stay around long. Many will be offline within a year and if you'd made any money and were yet to withdraw it would be gone.

That's why I always stick with sites which have been around for long. Elance, Odesk and Freelancer. The rates may not be great but at least there's that guarantee that you'll get your money once a job is done.

5. Diane Lane

Diane Lane
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I do the same things mentioned above, as well as comparing what's required with my skill set, and what I'm willing to do. I have just about given up on survey sites, although there are few I think are legitimate, and I am still planning to check into them when I get time. I also avoid pay per click and most microtask sites, because I don't have the patience for them.

6. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Just the same. One of the first things I would consider when looking for an online job is what's the nature of the work. If it's a PTC site or something like that, I don't think it's a great career for me, not to mention, how difficult it is to earn money from them. The next thing I would look is how they pay their users, and just like you, I prefer being paid through PayPal. I don't like getting rewards or freebies, I need money.

7. Damien Lee

Damien Lee
    uix_expand uix_collapse

That's excellent advice and I tend to do the same. I also look out if a particular opportunity also pays out in Bitcoin as this will soon become the currency of choice for all online payments. Of course, Pay Pal payments are still the preferred option for me at the moment. I also practice due diligence and do some research online to find out if a particular opportunity is legitimate. Way too many scams on the internet and therefore it's best to be on the safe side.

8. missbishi

missbishi
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I do pretty much the same as you @sunflogun. I look for reviews and comments on forums such as this one. I won't join anything where the withdrawal limits are too high but I don't mind being paid in vouchers for Amazon or the supermarkets as these translate to cash for me anyhow.

9. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

Personally, I think Bitcoin and similar so-called "currencies" are too volatile to rely on them as payment methods. If a payment processor is necessary, I would rather use PayPal. if not, I would rather have actual cash.

10. healingforce

healingforce
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I basically do the steps you described above.. I check the payout too. I gives a lot of importance at the payout becuase if reaching it is too high i feel like the site will scam quite early. Also the reviews online are really important too.

11. m0n2k

m0n2k
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Everything your doing sounds about right. Doing reviews on the sight is important. Reviews played a big factor in me being able to find successful work from home jobs. Any thing that uses paypal is worth looking into. I usually make sure that I don't waist time with something that has been complained about a lot.

12. Sparkster

Sparkster
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Yep, I do pretty much exactly the same as you. I'm not that bothered about high withdrawal thresholds though, as long as it's achievable in a reasonable amount of time. I do need to focus on other quicker sources of income if that's the case though. I find that the sites with low payout thresholds that pay out quickly usually pay a lot less than sites with higher thresholds and that take longer to pay.