SEO your Facebook Page

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by GekiDan, Jun 14, 2012.

1. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I saw this one accidentally when messing up with my fan page.
    https://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150965718197254

• Like Like x 1
  2. elina

elina
    uix_expand uix_collapse

good video ...!!!!!! thanks for posting

Regards

Nichesuite

3. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I rather SEO my main website, link to my Facebook page from it, and just hope my main site gets ranked well and people click my Facebook page link out of curiosity.:) I wouldn't want my Facebook page ranked high unless I had no other site but that.

4. Fergal

Fergal
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Premium Member
    Premium Member

Why not, surely it couldn't do any harm?

5. Jerlene

Jerlene
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I'm sure it wouldn't but I rather have my main site ranked since I tend to neglect my Facebook pages and they don't have sufficient information about my products, etc.

6. cesspadilla

cesspadilla
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Both have interesting side. Although I agree with Jerlene. I want to rank my website rather than the pages I've created. Although it is a real help in promoting your website, it does confuse readers and facebook, etc can get all the credit.

7. gogreenbusiness

gogreenbusiness
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Ei, this is a great video. Thanks for sharing this link :) Will email this to a friend too.

8. Joseph.Shivell

Joseph.Shivell
    uix_expand uix_collapse
    Community Leader
    Community Leader

If visitors click on the link to your Facebook page, the will see a neglected page, and may decide to go somewhere else. As far as your Facebook pages not having "sufficient information about (your) products", they're not supposed to - that's what your main site is for. Unless, as you mentioned, the Facebook page is someone's only page, the purpose of your Facebook page is to promote the usefulness of your products and encourage people to visit your main website for more information, and make a purchase. You can also offer exclusive incentives to visitors who "like" your Facebook page.

Although the root domain for a Facebook page is Facebook.com, the actual page being ranked is Facebook.com/yourpage. Getting your Facebook page ranked, in addition to one or more pages from your website, can help in two ways. First, the more exposure you get, the more people view you as an expert on your product or service. Second, if your Facebook page, and one or more pages from your website, are highly ranked for the same phrase, that means at least two of your competitors are not on page one for that phrase, taking away customers or clients that could be yours. Of course, getting your Facebook page ranked can bring you more followers as well.

9. yapaa

yapaa
    uix_expand uix_collapse

Great Video...

10. GekiDan

GekiDan
    uix_expand uix_collapse

I mainly use my Facebook Page to interact with my readers on that social networking site. Although it doesn't have all the info they need, it always have links pointing to my main website wherein they could read the articles I have written.